Hello from New Orleans!

stantheman

Doctor of Teleocity
Greetings Giuseppe, I used to live on Orleans Street in 1977, worked at the Sonesta, bought my Champ at Werleins on Canal Street. Heard a lot of Music, Al Hirt's
was around the corner. I was maybe two minutes walk from Jackson Square if that. Great food everywhere - You know food is great when You can eat eat eat and still drop forty pounds over the course of a year. First time for a lotta stuff. Heh heh.

McGlamRock

Poster Extraordinaire
1641590690148.png

Giuseppenola

TDPRI Member
NOLA home of the best drummers in the world!
That’s the truth. When I moved here 27 years ago, that was a big reason…the drummers. I got to play with a drummer who played with Fats Domino, as well as longtime Fats’ bassist Ervin Charles, Jr. Drummer Earl Smith went to the Neville Brothers…as a vocalist.

2FriarPark

NEW MEMBER!
Welcome! I just visited NOLA for the first time in September to see Eric Clapton. It was right after Ida... I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, and I can't wait to go back.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
Welcome, Giuseppe.

I have spent many happy times, over the years, in New Orleans.

Usually coming or going from shipping vehicles in and out of the military port, not too far from the French Quarter, at the bottom of Dauphine Street.

One time, I think this was in 1997, I was sitting in a bar with a good friend who had left the Army and was flying for the Coast Guard there in New Orleans.

We were catching up on old times, and enjoying a few beers and a laugh or two.

Two very attractive gals at a nearby table struck up a conversation with us, and we ended up joining tables with them.

It was just casual chat, and we bought them their drinks.
Bill and I weren't on the make or anything, so nothing was going to come of it. We were just being gentlemen, and standing the ladies a few cocktails.

At some point, the gals got up and went to the powder room together.

The bartender came over, wanted to know if we wanted another round, and we politely said, "Yes, please. And for the ladies too."

He nodded, wiped a nearby table, and then headed back to the bar.

Then he turned, and came back to our table.
He leaned in, and spoke, softly to Bill and I.

"They're dudes. You do know that, right?"

We blinked in amazement, and thanked him very kindly for the information.

I guess I had heard that there were more than a few cross-dressers and transexuals in New Orleans, but it never occurred to us that we we in the company of two of them.

And they were really pretty.

The ladies came back, idle chat resumed, and we all had a really nice afternoon of drinks and pleasant conversation.

When we all parted company later on, we paid up the bar tab, hugged the ladies goodbye, and everybody went their separate ways.

No sexual ovations, no propositions, nothing untoward, just some people enjoying a pleasant afternoon in a comfortable bar.

Only difference was, two helicopter pilot dudes paid for all the drinks, and two disturbingly-attractive dudes in sun dresses drank for free.

Life's funny that way.

😗

Last edited:

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
Welcome! Had a couple of days there back in early 2020, just as things were starting to close down. Would love to go back and see a bit more of the place.