1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hello from Loveland, CO

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by alden, Aug 15, 2013.

1. alden

alden TDPRI Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been reading this site religiously for a year. Got into building about 6 months ago and figured I would start posting as the learning curve is unbelievable for someone going from setups and basic repairs to full on woodworking and painting. I taught for about 8 years and still have a couple students while now working a full-time job. I've completed a few strat bodies with Warmoth, or donor necks. After finding out I can get enough curly maple to do a neck for about $7 at the Austin Hardwoods in Denver, I'm now working on a neck and carved top.

2. Casey4s

Casey4s Tele-Meister

Welcome to the TDPRI

3. BluePaint

BluePaint TDPRI Member

Howdy alden!

I'm was over here to 'get my feet wet' ... but looks like a welcome to a fellow newbie member at TDPRI becomes my first post here.

Like yourself I have been a 'habitual' reader of this esteemed board for nearly a year myself, having been on other related boards ... I do find the membership/ creativity and resources here to be a Godsend to my fledgling business.

Your introduction post also caught my eye ... setup down here in Northern New Mexico -
    we are nearly neighbors. I will have to investigate Austin Hardwoods up there, and if they ship ... I have been purchasing rough lumber myself from Kansas City, MO ... Metro Hardwoods ... excellent source ... and they do ship.

As I mentioned, the bug of building guitars, is evolving quickly into interests of a small business ... I see a lot of opportunity and niches to fill with common interests and skills
    I have already. Look forward to talking with you as the days go by here.

Oh! You teach ... but in what styles? Myself I began playing in 1980 ... but 'retired' eight years later to go back to basics of music on acoustics ... and a full time job as carpenter, furniture builder, and designer. These last few years have brought me back to playing ... and moving towards electric guitar again ... especially creating 'vintage' replicas.

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Welcome aboard.

5. Humbuster

Humbuster Tele-Meister

Welcome from Fort Collins.

6. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the TDPRI, Alden - nice to have you with us!
    Please keep us posted and updated on your projects as they start and proceed, will you?
    Enjoy!

7. Pete W

Pete W Tele-Meister

Welcome, Great to have you here!

8. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome alden. Hope you can join us at our next Colorado jam.

9. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Doctor of Teleocity

Welcome and don't worry. A lot of us were TDPRI readers long before we admitted to having a problem.

10. coloradojeff

coloradojeff Tele-Holic

Howdy Alden,
    Welcome! If you get tired of storing your builds, or simply run out of storage space, I'll be happy to come up and take a few just to help out. That's just the kind of guy I am...
    Can't wait for pictures.
    Jeff in Superior, CO

11. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Welcome!

12. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!

13. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Yo from Denver!

14. alden

alden TDPRI Member

Thanks for the welcome! I'll have to check out Metro Hardwoods. I occasionally go back to St. Louis to visit family its on the way. Building is some of the most fun i've ever had but the learning curve makes me angry...often. I teach a variety, everything from heavy metal to bluegrass. Whatever the student wants to learn generally. With building, I'm attempting to fall somewhere in the modern vintage category. Mainly because i'm bad a making decisions.

15. alden

alden TDPRI Member

Glad to see all the Coloradans on here. I'm always game to jam. Does that come around often?

16. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Every couple of months or so we've had one at gitolds here in Denver but all players to the north or south of Denver are more than welcome to host one and as many of the Denver contingent as possible will attend to support it. We don't mind driving a few miles for a good cause. :D

17. deputydog

deputydog Tele-Holic

Welcome!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.