Hello from London. Looking to build my first tele.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Welcome. Nice to have you here. London's one of my favorite cities. Love the ice blue/rosewood combo.

Sax-son

Friend of Leo's
Brother you have come to the right place. Sometimes a little too much information, but if you ask the right questions, you will inevitably get the right answer from someone here. For a bound Telecaster body, I would check out GFS versions (Guitarfetish). I have had really good luck with those, and they are priced reasonably. However, they may not be in your color. Welcome!

rze99

Doctor of Teleocity
A very warm welcome to you.

I'm in London and I build guitars (just for me and friends and a small number I've sold on).

I've built about 30 guitars including basses (just on a table in my house) since I started about 10 years ago. I'm in my '50s and been playing since I was about 12. Over the years I built up the tools and experience. Not much I don;t do, but I leave spraying and fret work to pros

A great source of parts advice and links to UK services - aside from these lovely pages - is a uk guitar players forum www.thefretboard.co.uk There is lots of no fee trading of all types usually well below anything on any commercial sites and I've never had any bad experiences on the site in trades. New members wanting to trade there are viewed with extreme caution as certain people do like to try a scam, don't they?. When you contribute you build a profile and once that's in place trading is friction free.

Vert best wishes with your building endeavours.

Feel free to PM me.

R

WingedWords

Friend of Leo's
A shameless plug for a parts supplier I've used a lot.
A one man business in the West Midlands, a very friendly personal service. If he doesn't list it, ask anyway.

I've also been happy with using Axecaster and Axesrus.

Enjoy the build.

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Welcome, just finished my first, the advice I would give us don't expect miracles first time, it's a learning curve, but a good one. 😎

ahiddentableau

Tele-Afflicted
Blue, double bound, white guard? Can't go wrong with the looks there.

Any thoughts on what you want for pickups?

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with the build.

bettyseldest

Friend of Leo's
The Harley Benton TE-62DB LPB is £139 from Thomann. I have a MIM Classic 60s neck, and a set of Bare Knuckle Brown Sugars sitting around. I've been tempted to pick one up and install the neck and pickups. The finish is probably poly rather than nitro, so I don't know how well it would relic, but it might be a starting point.

Welcome to TDPRI.

1664786850834.png