Hello from Dirty New Jersey

moonlighter

TDPRI Member
Hey all, figured I'd drop a line.
Long time bystander, first time active member.

I've been building guitars, tube amps and effects pedals for about 8 years now, and have always used this forum as a valuable resource. After coming here for info so frequently for so long, I figured it's about time I give some knowledge back when I can. It's actually due in part to TDPRI that I work as a pharma and packaging machine engineer, because if forums like this weren't here for me to learn from in the beginning I never would have applied myself to further study things from large current power supply design to relay ladder logic, and for that I'm grateful.
Through my current side gig, Moonlighter Electric, I put out one-off original effects pedals and amplifiers I build on a whim, and also offer design consultations (typically free unless the design is for profit).

Anyway, enough gab, here's my No. 1 Tele.
Built in 2017 with a Louisiana swamp ash body, a nitro neck from Lewis Guitars (from when they were only making parts and not whole instruments), a Decoboom gaurd, and some other fun features. Always strung with flatwounds, because I can't shake that jazz education no matter how hard I try.

20190503_174907_IMG_5692.jpg

20220903_110907 (1).jpg

20220903_121134.jpg

Best,

Vince P

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Hey all, figured I'd drop a line.
Long time bystander, first time active member.

I've been building guitars, tube amps and effects pedals for about 8 years now, and have always used this forum as a valuable resource. After coming here for info so frequently for so long, I figured it's about time I give some knowledge back when I can. It's actually due in part to TDPRI that I work as a pharma and packaging machine engineer, because if forums like this weren't here for me to learn from in the beginning I never would have applied myself to further study things from large current power supply design to relay ladder logic, and for that I'm grateful.
Through my current side gig, Moonlighter Electric, I put out one-off original effects pedals and amplifiers I build on a whim, and also offer design consultations (typically free unless the design is for profit).

Anyway, enough gab, here's my No. 1 Tele.
Built in 2017 with a Louisiana swamp ash body, a nitro neck from Lewis Guitars (from when they were only making parts and not whole instruments), a Decoboom gaurd, and some other fun features. Always strung with flatwounds, because I can't shake that jazz education no matter how hard I try.

View attachment 1036051
View attachment 1036041
View attachment 1036042

Best,

Vince P
Welcome. Nice wood. Is that a DiMarzio SDS-1 in the bridge slot ?

Last edited:

moonlighter

TDPRI Member
Welcome. Nice wood. Is that a DiMarzio SDS-1 in the bridge slot ? I lived in Middletown NJ, 32 Tindall Rd., for a few years as a kid. Went to my first movie theatre in Red Bank and then to Elsie's Sub Shop for my first sub....you never forget where you had your first sub.
Good eye! Both pickups are G&L MFDs from the 90s, so similar. Not as "warm" as a P90, but very high output and hifi. Think pedal steel. My favorite sound. I actually plan to put a Certano B&G bender on this guitar relatively soon...

I'm from Sussex and Morris counties, but my first sub that I remember (notably because it was so good) was from Mona Lisa in Scarsdale NY. Favorite local is Savioli's Ravioli off of Rt23 in Franklin, breaded chicken fresh mozz and roasted peppers with some balsamic on a dusted roll... is it lunch yet? Haha

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Former resident of Red Bank welcomes you from God's Waiting Room.

PS: Your pictures are posted upside down
I lived in Middletown NJ, 32 Tindall Rd., for a few years as a kid. Went to my first movie theatre in Red Bank and then to Elsie's Sub Shop for my first sub....you never forget where you had your first sub.