Hello from Cleveland!

emptyminded42

TDPRI Member
I was in Cleveland many centuries ago. I had a friend there who took me to the Euclid Tavern. Is it still there? We saw Terry Hynde's band (yes, Chrissie's brother). That was a long time ago....
Looks like Euclid Tavern died in ~2001 which would have been before I went to shows. That kinda sucks, it sounds like it was one of those true rock 'n' roll venues.

old wrench

Friend of Leo's
I was in Cleveland many centuries ago. I had a friend there who took me to the Euclid Tavern. Is it still there? We saw Terry Hynde's band (yes, Chrissie's brother). That was a long time ago....

If you went to the Euclid Tavern, you most probably had a good time and heard some good music! ;)

Unfortunately, that noted Cleveland institution closed up shop back around the turn of the millennium.

The list of great bands that played at the Euc is almost beyond belief, especially when you consider that it was really just a regular old dumpy neighborhood bar - lots of great local talent played out there too

What a place!

Chrissie Hynde was another local (she was from Akron, a little south) who made the big-time - that train station she was talking about was what ended up in its last incarnation as the Akron Amtrak depot before it shut down

After the Euc closed, the Beachland Ballroom (among others) picked up some of the slack

The Beachland's house band was the Swartz Brothers Blues Band - with locals Glenn Swartz who played lead guitar for Pacific Gas and Electric, and his brother Gene who was also bass player for Robert Junior Lockwood (who by the way was another Clevelander) among their members

Both Glenn and Robert Junior passed on not too long ago - R.I.P.