Hello from Adelaide, Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by offshoresa65s, Sep 13, 2011.

1. offshoresa65s

offshoresa65s TDPRI Member

Hi

Long time reader, first time joiner / poster as they say.

I have been playing guitar for as long as I remember, but always acoustic until last year when I bought my first American Standard 3 x Sunburst Stratocaster.

I am still working to play electric instruments, completely different touch and pressure on the strings. I had the Strat loaded up with D'Addario strings a couple of sizes up from the original and I still find them light compared to my acoustic which I normally load up with Elixer or D'Addario 16's.

Anyhow, then I couldn't help my self and decided I wanted to learn Bass, so I went out and bought a American Standard 3 x Sunburst Jazz Bass, which I really enjoy as I'm finally taking lessons and learning how to read music. It's a hard slog, but I really do enjoy understanding music better.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I have ordered an American Deluxe 3 X Sunburst Telecaster.

I read a lot about the "sound" of the Tele, but found all the American Standards I played didn't do it for me, played a few Deluxes and they were all in tune sounded fat and clean, I was sold.

I know, your all thinking I'm suffering with GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome), but every time I tell my wife I need a new instrument, she says "fine, as long as it's a Sunburst, go ahead".

So there it is, I've ordered a new Deluxe and can't wait for it to arrive. There were a few cherry sunbursts around, but even if the tone was right I just don't like the look of them and find I can't play something I don't have an affinity for, hence I've ordered a guitar without even hearing it, but from playing the other Deluxes, I hope it's going to work out.

So just to finish up, I'll include a pic of my trusty Maton Custom (you guessed it, Sunburst) Cuttaway which I've been playing since 1998.

Cheers

O

Attached Files:

2. Dave_O

Dave_O Friend of Leo's

How are you, mate. Good to have you aboard.

3. sparky2904

sparky2904 TDPRI Member

welcome fellow aussie.

congratulations,you have a very understanding wife

4. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome aboard offshoresa65s ! You'll get good advice here on all sorts of aspects. Wish my wife would just let me order a Tele or two. Cheers from a fellow Adelaideian, home of some of the southern hemisphere's best builders. Tonetele of Adelaide.

5. Falzoony

Falzoony TDPRI Member

Welcome! From another Adelaidelphian!

6. TG

TG Doctor of Teleocity

Hello from up here.

7. electrablue

electrablue Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome!

8. Mreilander

Mreilander Tele-Holic

Welcome!

9. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to TDPRI !!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.