"Hello Friends" the Masters is starting!

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
In the immortal words of Jim Nance, "hello friends, welcome to the Masters"

I am not sure what compels me to anticipate and watch this event. I am a horrible golfer who doesn't have any money and hates pimento and cheese sandwiches. Btu I can not just not watch this Golf event.

I would rather play bad golf than watch good golf any day of the week or the weekend but I feel a need to watch this event. Whether Tiger is involved or not the drama, the good and bad breaks, the interesting stories keeps me coming back.

So who do you have to win this year?

I am thinking that it will be a dark horse this year. Maybe a Max Homa, Brian Harmon, or even Scottie Scheffler who has been on fire lately.

And I can't help but pull for Harry Higgs as he is my golf spirit animal!

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
I'll be glued to my I-Pad for four days. I'll eat steak...drink wine...sip whiskey...and go and play golf at my club on Monday morning thinking I've cracked it....and probably play s**t :)

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have been watching the Masters since the early 80s. Before that, I really wasn't interested in watching golf, I just played, and had done so since the mid 60s. I now know I missed a lot by not keeping up with golf before that. I for sure watch the four majors, the Players, and the FEDEX but the Masters is my favorite tournament of the year. Tiger's practice round Wednesday was watched by more people than will probably be following the leaders on Sunday! I hope though, his crowd is following him because he's leading! It would really be fairy tale stuff if he came back and won like Hogan did after his horrific crash.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
Gold Supporter
Watching now, Tiger 3 off at the tenth. Just something about watching the Masters. There are defining moments and history for golf.

Mjea80

Tele-Meister
Id really like to see Zalatoris finish what he started last year and take it down this year.

Give him a couple more years to fill out and mature a bit and I think he makes it to atleast top 5 in thr world. Such a good ball striker !!

tweeet

Tele-Afflicted
Love him or loathe him....I tip my hat for Tiger ! Almost lost his leg...had 5 ops on it and on his back....I wrote him off never to play again after the car crash....let alone in competition.....yet here he is shooting -1 and looking OK !

hnryclay

Tele-Holic
I have no idea how Tiger can play, or even walk on Augusta National. The man has a pain threshold and, work ethic that very few elite athletes possess. For those who do not know he was bedridden for a month after the accident. At his age this type of recovery is amazing. Not counting the litany of other surgeries he had already undergone on his oppisite leg, and back.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have no idea how Tiger can play, or even walk on Augusta National. The man has a pain threshold and, work ethic that very few elite athletes possess. For those who do not know he was bedridden for a month after the accident. At his age this type of recovery is amazing. Not counting the litany of other surgeries he had already undergone on his oppisite leg, and back.
He won the Open in 2008 with a cracked leg, or broken knee, I forget which. Snatched the Open right out of Roco Mediates fingers. Tiger made a twelve foot putt in regulation play to get into an 18 hole playoff the next day. He then had to go one extra hole to secure the win after playing eighteen holes. He wore Mediate down to the nub.

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
I'm going for Morikawa, but really no telling. I consider the Masters a must watch, at least some of it, if only as a harbinger of spring; that course is a knockout.

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
I was reading part of an article this morning of the scandal that there are no peach ice cream sandwiches available this year and it was a near riot situation.
Anyway I got to see Tiger a little while eating lunch today.
He looked pretty good.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Live on free to air tv here...nice sunny day...

Cam Smith would be my pick..:)

Hmm an Aussie rooting for an Aussie? Seriously he is a magician around the greens and I am a little ashamed that I did not mention him. He can pitch it and roll it better than anybody! I had as many putts in my last 9 hole round than he did playing 18 in a major tourney!

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Love him or loathe him....I tip my hat for Tiger ! Almost lost his leg...had 5 ops on it and on his back....I wrote him off never to play again after the car crash....let alone in competition.....yet here he is shooting -1 and looking OK !

Tiger has won this year Master's already. To shoot -1 on that course as your first competitive tourney after that accident? Unreal. Whatever you think of him as a person, that guy has grit and gumption for miles.

I anticipate him falling off as the weekend comes, it is just the nature of things as he hasn't played competitive golf in a long time. When he made his last putt for par yesterday they did a close up on his face and you could see how hard he was grinding and how he just almost wilted after making that putt. No matter how he finishes, he has won.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm going for Morikawa, but really no telling. I consider the Masters a must watch, at least some of it, if only as a harbinger of spring; that course is a knockout.

He is another guy who is such a good ball striker and putter. His ability to think his way around a golf course is impressive.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
I was reading part of an article this morning of the scandal that there are no peach ice cream sandwiches available this year and it was a near riot situation.
Anyway I got to see Tiger a little while eating lunch today.
He looked pretty good.

Supply chain issues.... :)

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm rooting for Rory. I've liked his from the first time I saw ham play. When he's ON he's virtually unstoppable.
My oldest nephew who has some good connections tried to get us passes for this year. Due to some issues well beyond his control it didn't happen. Maybe next year

I used to go to the Byron Nelson every year. That was always a nice weekend....weather permitting