1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

hello everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by tattooedtele66, Aug 15, 2013.

1. tattooedtele66

tattooedtele66 TDPRI Member

Hi...joined the forum about a week ago....played guitar for a few years...teaching myself and learning songs for a covers band I've been in for a while....recently started having proper lessons and it is the best thing I have ever done...teaching yourself is hard and I have learnt so much in the few lessons I have had....!!..have a Candy Apple Red CS reliced tele.....a personal MIJ tele which you can see in the Modded squier forum which is called Lil Legs...I also have a Strat and Les Paul...but my Tele's are by far my favourites....amp wise I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe....and an amp by an English builder called Roswell....

quick question while I'm here...may not be the right place for it...when not playing should your guitars go back in there hard case..I leave mine out on stands..??

2. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

If you leave it out you will play it. Unless you have lots of possibilities for accidental damage, and your environment is not too harsh (like a big drafty damp castle) they should be fine.

Acoustics, somewhat more of an issue.

Welcome to TDPRI, keep posting!

3. Herod

Herod Tele-Meister

Welcome!

There are different schools of thought about this. Leaving it out will cause it to age differently that in the case. (Good or bad....personal call). Other folks are concerned with leaving it enclosed for long periods....then of course, if you have kids/pets, then stands can be dangerous. There is no real right answer to this. I like mine in cases, but I always leave one out for a quick grab

4. fenderix

fenderix Poster Extraordinaire

Welcome to the TDPRI - nice to have you with us!
    Personally, I leave my guitars on their stands, so I can enjoy looking at them. Of course, if you have toddlers and/or dogs running around playing close to your instruments, they're safer in their cases. (the guitars - not the toddlers ...) ;)
    Enjoy!

5. tattooedtele66

thanks everyone....I'll leave the guitars out then...I like being able to look at them and grab them as and when I want to play....

6. Casey4s

Casey4s Tele-Meister

Welcome!

7. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Most of my hard cases are in the attic.

8. Blustele

Blustele Tele-Afflicted

Welcome!

9. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Welcome to the forum !!

10. Picklew

Picklew Tele-Meister

Hello , I've just joined too & I feel incredibly wet behind the ears compared to everyone else (I hope that phrase translates across the water or I just sound plain odd!)

Cheers

Sarah

11. tattooedtele66

thanks people....Sarah...I understand wet behind the ears being from the UK too...:)

12. deputydog

deputydog Tele-Holic

Welcome1

13. Herod

Herod Tele-Meister

It translates the same here in the states ..... Although admittedly it would have made for a more interesting thread if it did not ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.