Hello All from NC

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. Any start is better than no start with music equipment when playing with a church group. I think the man upstairs just appreciates you doing it.

jeffrotan1

TDPRI Member
Welcome from Albuquerque New Mexico. Any start is better than no start with music equipment when playing with a church group. I think the man upstairs just appreciates you doing it.
Thanks for that kind Welcome! & I think your right. Moved to another city years ago and joined another churches contemporary group to sing bass because they already had really good musicians. One of the sopranos in the group introduced me to my future wife. I appreciate the man upstairs right back.

swarfrat

Tele-Meister
Umhumm, that's how I came to see the deal too. Might have had some haggling room built into that asking price. Live n Learn there, but definitely happy with the deal nevertheless.
Welcome!

My dad bargained with everyone, and was charming enough that people didn't seem to get annoyed. I thought I'd try it. I saw a lawsuit Ibanez 4001 hanging on the wall in a woodwind shop and figured my best estimate for what the guy had in it and how long it'd sat there (they weren't cool yet). And so I made an offer. The guy hemmed and hawed and finally said he'd have to call the manager in the repair shop next door. I've always seen that as a negotiating tactic, but the phone was turned up kinda loud, and I heard the voice on the other end say "HELL YEAH, TAKE IT!!!!". My heart fell. I so wanted to walk out and send my roommate the next week.