Hell on Earth Film at Eleven

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by LarryR, Oct 3, 2003.

1. LarryR

LarryR Tele-Holic

the band? doing a suicide on film and broadcasting it???
    Bogus right?
    Would you watch it?????
    I suppose that the owners of the website could somehow be prosecuted if they ran the broadcast.
    Dead chickens, Dove's heads..where else could a rockband rise above but inHuman death
    Anybody in Florida know this band?

2. Robert M.

Robert M. Tele-Meister

NOT BOGUS!!

Yes, it is true. I've heard about it on the radio here. The origional club said no to them and a few more have turned them down. But they say they will find a place for it to happen. Very disturbing and no I would not watch that.

3. astro

astro Tele-Holic

I get te impression that while this may seem depraved it would appear that the intent is to raise awareness of the right to die cause.

There is certainly a morbid element to this, but their intentions could be honorable.

4. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

Eh, raising awareness is one thing. Promoting your band by marketing the shock value death is another. I support the right of anyone to live or die according to their own belifs and agenda, but why do we need a band to play, as if it were some kind of entertainment spectacle.

I could see an activist group staging a public event of this nature, but until people are truly free to make this choice themselves, I think it needs to be taken a bit more seriously. People need to see the act as a statement on an important issue, and not as a pay-per-view wrestling-type event.

5. astro

astro Tele-Holic

Ben, I have to plead ignorance about this. I had simply heard that the band was involved in the cause and that the person was suffering and terminally ill.

Frankly the whole death cult/metal stuff is so pathetic to me I can't even comment.

6. Raymond

Raymond Friend of Leo's

No, I wouldn't. I think they're using this person illness to promote the band and get some cash next concert. Since they can't do it in public, they're gonna do it privately while broadcasting the suicide live on their web site.

Maybe I've gotten too cynical, but I don't believe in rock bands supporting any cause out of their kind hearts anymore....Those days are gone and it happened long time ago; way before lawyers, agents, recording companies, and pointy 7-string ugly guitars took over the music world....I just can see the band planning this some time ago with their managers and lawyers going "this would be great, people are going to think we are the sickest band in the world. We're gonna be a lyend like Alice Cooper and Ozzy. Oh my! We're gonna be rich!!!!!"

7. genelovesjez

genelovesjez Friend of Leo's

I can think of some celebrities whose suicide I would watch, but I've never heard of this band. ;)

8. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Suicide?

Uh, what do you do for an encore?

9. LarryR

LarryR Tele-Holic

Jonestown

Koolaid for the audience.......

10. Ben Harmless

Ben Harmless Friend of Leo's

...On the flipside, I can name a number of bands I wouldn't mind playing at my death - which would hopefully be of natural causes.

11. hippietim

hippietim Friend of Leo's

It's not my cup of tea either but the music these guys play (which is by the way industrial metal) is no more or less pathetic than anything else.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.