1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Helix 3.0 is pretty cool

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by Southpaw Tele, Nov 21, 2020.

1. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Like I said later., all I had to do was update Edit and everything was good.

2. heyslowfinger

heyslowfinger TDPRI Member

This update was a big one for me (Using Rack, Floor and Native)

Helix Native - Finally got a tuner! The lack of one was driving me crazy for a long time. Always had to rely on a clip on tuner, or loading my DAWs tuner.

Favorites/User Defaults - Big time saver for me. I have certain Amps, EQs/Comps dialed in, and its great to know that my "sound" will load right up each time (versus previously using copy/paste).

Poly Pitch - Noticeable difference in my chord strums, compared to the Pitch Whammy I was using before.

Acoustic Sim - I had an AC-2 for the longest time. Line 6 nailed it with this one. Originally was using 3 EQs to simulate. No need anymore! Using the Acoustic Sim in front of the Studio Tube Pre preamp makes the difference. May incorporate an Acoustic IR too.

I'm a happy camper now!

Southpaw Tele likes this.
  3. swervinbob

swervinbob Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah. I forgot about Native. Don’t hardly use it anymore, but I’ll still update it. I always split my signal and record a DI. If anything goes on that it’s always S-gear.

4. Smokin OP

Smokin OP Tele-Afflicted

Updated HxEdit on a win10 & older MBP without issues. Native & Helix Floor also updated with no problems. Won't have a chance to play with the new update until next week. Look forward to this!

Southpaw Tele likes this.
  5. claptonrules

claptonrules TDPRI Member

i was having problems with my Mac also. Bought a $400 Dell with Windows 10, pretty much just for my HX Effects and it takes editing and updates much better than my mac.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.