Hei from windy Baltic Sea

tompj

TDPRI Member
Hei from windy Baltic sea,

I finally decided to write. I joined long time ago, but didn’t have a mood for writing a welcome post at that point. There have been some ocasions that I would have wanted to comment or ask something but felt that I must first introduce myself as there have been some negative comments about this 😬

I’m a long time reader of the page. I very much appreciate the spirit here and all the stories and often find my self reading Bad Dog Cafe even if I’ve come to search for some technical information. I find it allways intresting to see that life and people are pretty much the same everywhere. Even if the news tells us something else.

I’m a middle aged family guy from Finland. I’ve played guitar from when I was 15 years old. I also play bass. I have had some Telecasters, but they have gone as I have sold much of my guitar gear during last 3-4 years. Mostly because I needed money but also because I felt that I wanted to concentrate more to my family and also to find again the passion to playing music. I decided to keep my old AVRI Strat and some DIY amps that are a bit hard to sell here in Finland due the regulations.

I like to play myself blues based music like ZZ Top, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Green, Mark Knopfler. I’ve been a member of a small local cover band for 10 years and also joined a folk-punk project as a bass player 2 years ago.

Anyway, it was nice to introduce myself finally.

Kiitos,

Tomi

havlma1

Tele-Meister
Welcome, greetings from freezing middle Europe. Don't worry, gear cleanup is always just an opportunity for getting new gear ;) But you are right, it's better to keep less guitars, you are not that distracted when you want to play with too many options.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
I find it allways intresting to see that life and people are pretty much the same everywhere. Even if the news tells us something else.
Welcome man!!! This too has been my experience over the years ;)

I like to play myself blues based music like ZZ Top, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Green, Mark Knopfler.

Now you're talking my language! Rock on man!!! ;) I think we have some other members of your neck of the woods out here too, if I recall... Cool!

VicUA

TDPRI Member
Hei from windy Baltic sea,

I finally decided to write. I joined long time ago, but didn’t have a mood for writing a welcome post at that point. There have been some ocasions that I would have wanted to comment or ask something but felt that I must first introduce myself as there have been some negative comments about this 😬

I’m a long time reader of the page. I very much appreciate the spirit here and all the stories and often find my self reading Bad Dog Cafe even if I’ve come to search for some technical information. I find it allways intresting to see that life and people are pretty much the same everywhere. Even if the news tells us something else.

I’m a middle aged family guy from Finland. I’ve played guitar from when I was 15 years old. I also play bass. I have had some Telecasters, but they have gone as I have sold much of my guitar gear during last 3-4 years. Mostly because I needed money but also because I felt that I wanted to concentrate more to my family and also to find again the passion to playing music. I decided to keep my old AVRI Strat and some DIY amps that are a bit hard to sell here in Finland due the regulations.

I like to play myself blues based music like ZZ Top, CCR, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Green, Mark Knopfler. I’ve been a member of a small local cover band for 10 years and also joined a folk-punk project as a bass player 2 years ago.

Anyway, it was nice to introduce myself finally.

Kiitos,

Tomi
It was interesting. Well written. I wanted to go to Finland.)

Orpheum

Tele-Meister
Welcome from the south of Europe!
It's not easy to introduce yourself, never sure what's interesting and what's not.
Your story and your tastes look very much like those of many of us! You'll find easy to make musical friends here.
Welcome again!!! :)