Hefty Launch Schedule from the Cape this Month

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
I can watch them launch from my back and front yard, albeit 40 miles away. Still a great site to behold, particularly at night. The "rolling thunder" of the launch usually takes about 10-15 minutes to reach us, and the launch vehicle is typicall 20-30 miles or more downrange by then. The actual launch occurs below the tree line, so they are a few hundred feet up by the time we see them emerge above the trees.

Got one going up from KSC in about 4 minutes....manned, and on the way to the Space Station.

Poster Extraordinaire
I can watch them launch from my back and front yard, albeit 40 miles away. Still a great site to behold, particularly at night. The "rolling thunder" of the launch usually takes about 10-15 minutes to reach us, and the launch vehicle is typicall 20-30 miles or more downrange by then. The actual launch occurs below the tree line, so they are a few hundred feet up by the time we see them emerge above the trees.

Got one going up from KSC in about 4 minutes....manned, and on the way to the Space Station.

10 minutes would put the launch 127 miles away.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
Yeah, Space X alone is averaging over one launch per week this year, IIRC. Today’s view was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky.

PhoenixBill

Tele-Holic
Amazing. I almost took some time off around 1990 to go see a space shuttle launch but didn‘t alas.

This is one question for the moon-landing hoax nut job cases: when Apollo launched, it was visible for miles, and probably 100,000 people personally witnessed (and heard and felt) the most powerful rocket in the world take off. How do those nut jobs account for that? That’s something that couldn’t be faked.

bholder

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
Yeah, Space X alone is averaging over one launch per week this year, IIRC. Today’s view was beautiful, not a cloud in the sky.
Ho hum, just another perfect launch and landing of an orbital-class rocket. Anyone keeping score? lol

landed.jpg

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
The landing of the boosters never fails to amaze. When they do it at night we can kinda see it off in the distance. You’ll see a couple of bursts as they get close, then the one big burn right on the landing.