1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Heartwarming Story on CNN

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by nojazzhere, Mar 13, 2020.

1. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Just now running on CNN......a young woman saw two elderly people in a car at grocery store. As she walked by, they cracked the car window, and she asked if something was wrong. They said they were afraid to go in and buy groceries (no particular reason, you know?) and asked the young lady if she would buy their groceries. They pushed a $100 bill and their list through the window, and she went in and got their supplies. Fifty/fifty chance it's a fake story....but it's still uplifting and encouraging.
    We don't need an excuse for looking out for others....especially the elderly. Thanks to all of you who do! :)

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yeah, we have something worked out, so my parents (in their 90s) don't get in the car to go make groceries.

I wish I could be out there, to act as a gatekeeper and keep everyone away from them until this cools off. But I would've had to head out in January and guess what? Then, I had the flu.

I'd like to be out there so I could bundle them into a car, and take them for a ride in the country. They've got to be getting sort of stir-crazy by now.

My parents don't need to be driving, in CA anyway. After that elderly man drove his Buick through a market crowd in Santa Monica, the State of California has made it their mission to terrorize every older driver seeking a renewal. They're actually talking about leaving CA so they can return to being treated as the competent human beings they are. The raving, incompetent lunatics, are the people who commute in Los Angeles each day, one person per vehicle, on the expressways.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    nojazzhere and Verne Bunsen like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Our kids keep calling and saying you should stay in for a while. I'm meeting up with my golfing buddies Sunday at the crack of dawn. My wife is down at the salon getting her hair cut, I was at the golf course yesterday, and will probably go over there for a bit today. Either we'll look back on current events and wonder why we.... Or, we won't. When my son passed he did so with as much dignity as I've ever seen anyone do, I hope I can do half as well. Someone once asked here on the forum, do you remember anything that happened before you were born? Being dead will be much the same he said, you just won't know it. So what the hell?

nojazzhere and EsquireBoy like this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Trying to avoid certain things, is like being in a warehouse with no lights on at midnight, wearing a blindfold, and trying frantically to step on a black cat's tail.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I thought you were gonna say the woman took the $100 and went in the store and out the back door. That would have been more like reality.

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Holic

That sounds more like 109% fake. But I'm a cynic.

7. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I look for the good in people and almost always find it.
    Give good karma get good karma.
    Even if the story is fake I try not to let facts get in the way of a good story

Toto'sDad and nojazzhere like this.
  8. Marc Muller

Marc Muller Tele-Holic

Saw post title and thought maybe it was a resurrected post from pre-2016....

GFrank likes this.
  9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

NewKid and nojazzhere like this.
  10. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Holic

11. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

That is nice. Several (nonelderly) members here pushed a $20 bill at a guy on ebay whose name was, i kid you not, ROB (!) and never got anything in return.

Wallo Tweed and nojazzhere like this.
  12. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

I was going to reply that CNN had the woman on for an interview, and you beat me to it, BigDaddy.....thanks.
    Incidentally, I just got home from my daily checking on my mom. Her senior living facility (NOT assisted living or any kind of health-care facility) has everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off. I sincerely appreciate caution and "best practices"......but they're asking everyone to use a hand sanitizing device before entering the dining room, and people are using it. Everyone is touching the device, and no one is sanitizing the device itself. Thus, the device MAY itself be contaminated.....by cooties or whatever.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.