1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Heard on the radio the other day.

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by big jimmy, Oct 31, 2020.

1. big jimmy

big jimmy Tele-Afflicted

It's buried away in my stack somewhere, but I had not heard on the radio in years. What a great example of timeless blues song. Barbra Blue from Memphis public radio spun it up. She plays great seldom heard music.

2. Pcs264

Pcs264 TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

Yes!!! From Boz Scaggs' first solo album; one of my all time favorites. It's been in my collection through vinyl, cassette, CD & iTunes. This track, plus "I'm Easy", "Sweet Release", "Waiting For A Train"....all recorded at Muscle Shoals studios. Super tight playing from The Swampers and every track is a winner.

Addendum: the track above features some fabulous (and instantly recognizable) slide playing by Duane Allman, and this album was released only a couple of months before the Allman Brothers Band's first album. And oops, this was Boz' second solo album, not his first.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  3. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Yeah, funny, I heard that one the other day too.

4. ab2012

ab2012 Tele-Holic

A great song..superb vocals,and of course...Duane.

5. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

It always sounded to me like Duane used a Strat on this track, rather than one of his signature Gibsons. Remember when FM radio would actually play a 13 min. track?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.