Hear the World’s Oldest Known Song, “Hurrian Hymn No. 6” Written 3,400 Years Ago

wyclif

Tele-Afflicted
You can’t get more old timey than Hurrian Hymn No. 6, which was discovered on a clay tablet in the ancient Syrian port city of Ugarit in the 1950s, and is over 3400 year old.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I was afraid for a moment there you were going to say they found it on 8-Track. My last player went in the trash a few years back.

Seriously though, that's way cool.

Flip G

Tele-Holic
Have you heard the first ever recording of the human voice? It's from 1860 and cracks the newsreader up. :)

PennyroyalFrog

Tele-Afflicted
I don't think cows had been invented.
This is actually quite funny considering cows are pretty much GMOs. There has never been such thing as cattle in the wild. Humans used forced evolution to turn a species of bovine that no longer exists into a means for a biological factory for turning grass into steak/beef (or dairy). Kind of similar to what we did with dogs to have them become companions, hunting aids, guardians, etc. Although wolves certainly still exist. Anyway, typical pennyroyalfrog tangent.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
You can’t get more old timey than Hurrian Hymn No. 6, which was discovered on a clay tablet in the ancient Syrian port city of Ugarit in the 1950s, and is over 3400 year old.

I'm pretty sure that Keith Richards' original version was the best.

😉

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's

Is Bob Dylan still getting royalties from it?