Hear Back in ear monitors

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by Tanya's, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Tanya's

Tanya's TDPRI Member

I've joined a new worship team and have some issue with the equipment we are using. . for one we use headset mics. . since I am a lead singer as well as guitarist I am always set up with the countryman wireless mic. .
    on top of that, we have the Hear Back system for stage monitoring. .
    now we play directly into the sound system, no amps. .
    so does anyone have a set up like this and how do you make peace with all the stuff attached to you,l and your guitar on top of it all. .
    We do have a couple of floor wedge monitors, but there is not enough sound coming through, and the bass and (electronic) drums are not in that system. . any help would sure be nice. . .

2. Phylian

Phylian TDPRI Member

So you are using a headset microphone? God bless your soul. As for going direct into the system, my suggestion would be to possibly build some kind of insulation box to put an amp inside of. That way you cut down on stage volume but you can still have an amp.

3. bikeracr

bikeracr Tele-Meister

"Hear back?" Do you mean in-ear monitors?

4. Tanya's

Tanya's TDPRI Member

5. GeetarPlayer

GeetarPlayer Tele-Meister

If you cannot convince them to let you use a mic on a stand, then I'd look into combination IEMs with mic headset.

6. jb12string

jb12string Tele-Afflicted

I use an aviom system, I loomed a 20' 1/4" TRS male to 1/8" TRS female in with my 15' guitar cord which is how I manage my cable. I usually run my ears cable down the back of my shirt, keeps it from getting messed with by my guitar strap. As far as a mic, talking as a sound engineer and not a guitar player, I'd rather have a singer on a wired mic on a stand, I'll take a SM-58 over a countryman for a singer any day. One other tip, that I stole from somebody here, Panning the different inputs to different sides of your IEMs helps keep your mix cleaner. My .02, ymmv.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.