Heads Up: Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb 2019 Black

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Tenderfoot, Jan 8, 2020.

1. trxx

trxx Tele-Holic

I have no problem with the idea of a reissue plus. But not a cheaped out / high profit version (not putting that assumption on you, but on manufacturers). The current reissues just sound meh to me, which is probably why Fender moved to doing hotrodded versions of them. The reissues don't sound open, sensitive, dynamic, and with great clarity like the old amps do. That should be addressed first, in my mind. Then adding some completely switchable modern options would be nice to have, so as to not degrade the foundation tone where desired.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    The-Kid likes this.
  2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Anybody who complains about their price has an entry-level mindset regarding these amps. And I can assure you that modern electronics are just as serviceable as the old stuff, it just requires actual techs with actual electronics training. Vacuum tube circuits have not been taught in any accredited curriculum since about 1970, and are so basic that just about anybody with a schematic can figure them out.

3. trxx

trxx Tele-Holic

Pine isn't gold. It's at the lumber yard for a few bucks per foot. Class D amps aren't the holy grail of clarity or character. DSP models of classic analog circuits aren't up to par with classic analog circuits. Neo speakers don't do what vintage speakers do. That's where I'm at with these sorts of amps. They are lower cost approximations of approximations. And the price should reflect that. In my opinion, it goes in the other direction. And these amps are no more serviceable than your average modern home stereo. When it breaks, it will go in the land fill. Techs don't want to work on these sorts of circuits for good reason. And that isn't even saying anything about parts availability to techs, where with vintage amps most components can be bought from general electronics supply stores.

stevemc and The-Kid like this.
  4. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

There are personal choices but in the long scheme of things given the price its just not a good option period.

For your money and others reading......take care of your money and be smart with it. Me I decided this was just not worth it and went with the real deal, because to me it sounds better, has better value.....

oh and did I mention it sounds better to me and IMO all that matters in the end no....

That is all I will add at this point.

Take care of your money and chase the tone

The main thing these have going for them is low weight but at that point just get a Helix or Eleven rack and plug into your home monitors or straight into PA. Or put wheels on the real amp...or live with it but these got nothing on the real deal. Zilch not even close.....

$$$$$$$$ Foe tha love of Money$$$$

And TONE!!!

[

5. Frodebro

The stuff you prefer is the stuff that isn't even made anymore, which is fine. But tubes aren't the holy grail for everybody, either. The good reason many techs don't want to work on them is because they're not as easy to work on. Same with modern cars-a carburetor is much easier to deal with than a modern computerized, fuel-injected engine.

6. trxx

trxx Tele-Holic

When electronics gets into switching power supplies and class D amps and DSP chips running specialized code, that is moving far and away from practical component level serviceability. Anyone who has that sort of training is going to be a computer/electrical engineer working for a big company in product development, not an amp tech servicing, repairing, and modifying guitar amps. This is a whole other level above servicing fuel injected engines. There is training available at any local college for the latter and parts are available from a variety of third party manufacturers for doing so. Not so much for these digital guitar amps. It's not going to be practical for a common electronics or amp tech to repair these amps. They will be sent back to Fender or an 'authorized service center' as long as parts are available $. After that, they'll go to a landfill.

stevemc and The-Kid like this.
  7. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

And for a cool 5.000,00 € as well.
    This thread here is really funny.

8. Frodebro

When objectivity and confirmation bias collide... :D

Askwhy and ataylor like this.
  9. pugnax

pugnax TDPRI Member

Once again, who cares what Fender pays? You, the consumer, are looking to acquire a finger-jointed pine cab and nice speaker(s), with a pro-tolex job, and it is not cheap to do so. Can anyone point to anything similar? Hell, Orange 112 cabs go for $380 new.

They're not modeled on the reissues? They're modeled on a bunch of vintage amps that Fender has kept kicking around.

Ignatius, ataylor and Frodebro like this.
  10. trxx

trxx Tele-Holic

What I remember seeing in a video is that they are intended to sound very close to the reissues. They sure don't sound like a vintage amp to me.

11. Frodebro

I've heard people say they don't sound exactly like the tube versions, I've heard people say they sound exactly like them, and I've heard people say they think they sound better. Then again, the vintage ones were built with components specced to +/-20% tolerances, and those values have drifted through the decades, so the old ones aren't going to sound exactly like each other anyway.

12. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

170 comments about the price of a used amplifier!! ??? man

LunarSlingShot and radiocaster like this.
  13. Frodebro

No, just two people repeating the same thing over and over...

eddiewagner and pugnax like this.
  14. DimEyeGuitarGuy

DimEyeGuitarGuy Tele-Meister

No, just two people repeating the same thing over and over...

15. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Yeah you and the other dude .......

eddiewagner likes this.
  16. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

For what it's worth, and I know this isn't going to matter to you, but the Tone Masters aren't models of the Reissue amps. They used actual blackface examples from which to base the models.

17. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

It's interesting how the most uninformed voices also happen to be the loudest in this thread.

ataylor, pugnax and Frodebro like this.
  18. DimEyeGuitarGuy

DimEyeGuitarGuy Tele-Meister

You have 177 posts as of this post. 170 of them are saying the same thing about the TM's. Just sayin'.

ataylor, RomanS and Frodebro like this.
  19. Askwhy

Askwhy TDPRI Member

Lol, honestly i don't mind that so much on it's own as opinions and individual experiences are a great part of a gear forum. It is the extension into a completely false and incoherent explanation of markets and business models based on it that is both comical and sad in this thread.

ataylor, Ignatius and Frodebro like this.
  20. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Yeah I dont have 170 post about just this subject......

I could say the same thing about the other guys stating the pros for these but whats the point.

I made my case. Money wise these are terrible options given the options of having a real one.

Its not smart to buy these.....

If you disagree I am sorry. I am just making the case for those who havent made up their mind yet that these are a bad option for the price and for those who havent dumped their cash on these yet ....

We can still save them!!!!

Have Mercy on them Oprah!!!!!

For they think they are righteous........

stevemc, trxx and Askwhy like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.