Head Stock Decal

Missing Link

Tele-Holic
I am looking for a Squire Water type decal for a 1999 Squire Standard Stratocaster. When I bought it unseen seems as someone in the prior years for what ever reason tried to remove just the gold Squire logo.
I have since clear filled it and now wish to apply the correct size and color logo.
I have contact a few so called pros in this field giving the same information but I have only received less then desirable logos.
With that said anyone have a decent person or company that can make a to year duplicate logo in size and color.
Yes, the Stratocaster is well worth the effort as it in like new condition other that the logo and plays extremely nice.

Thanks guys

Attachments

• DL068240.jpg
    DL068240.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 57
  • xq8ne2fxgv0cyzficvhc_orig.jpg
    xq8ne2fxgv0cyzficvhc_orig.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DL078251.jpg
    DL078251.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 57

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
Finding a decal might be the easiest part. You are going to need to either repair/refill the gouged-out area, or remove both finish and wood from the entire peghead to level the damaged area.

lowatter

Tele-Afflicted
This sort of stuff gets me every time. Just because you have a Squier Strat instead of a MIM or USA one, because you remove or scratch the name off of it doesn't enhance it's play-ability or value. In fact it ruins ANY value. I have a '92 Fender "Squier Series" Strat that plays incredibly and is worth as much as most Fender MIM Strats. A lot of owners would sand off the "Squier Series" off the headstock because they are ashamed(?) of it or think that it's worth more without it. Young players who got the instrument from mommy and daddy usually will do this. They shave a lot of money off the value by doing this. It is what it is, it ain't what it ain't.
For the love in all that is holy...PLEASE stop doing this, leave the guitar alone, properly have it setup and just play the darn thing and quit thinking that a $150 guitar is worth $1500+. JMHOYMMV

61fury

Friend of Leo's
Maybe fill the gouged area with thick CA glue and sand the whole headstock smooth. The new decal should hide the area as well.
I got a Squier decal on Ebay that was very good. That was years ago but it shouldn't be hard to find something

Missing Link

Tele-Holic
The head stock has been repaired and filled and is ready for the decal. The one picture shows the before.
lowatter - Amen to that. Not sure why they dug it out instead of a light sand but it is what it is for now until I can make it what it should be.

Thanks guys

Missing Link

Tele-Holic
I will give the UK an Email as all I really need is the Squire and can cut off the other. Problem in the pass was most all of the decals were a bit larger than the original.
I did find a gent that posted some DIY files but I not sue of anyone local that can reproduce in gold.

naneek

Tele-Holic
Not only do I not understand why people remove the logos, I don't understand how they mess it up so badly.

I refinished a squier affinity tele with a racing green body, white pickguard, and white headstock. I didn't want the thick black logo to show through the paint, and wanted to make sure the paint adhered properly. so before painting, I took some high grit sandpaper and steel wool, and gently buffed the logos off the headstock. they came right off, leaving an unmarred surface with no marks.

At that point I prepped and primed it, but I could have just as easily left it blank and it would have looked fine.

It's the headstock in my avatar image.

naneek

Tele-Holic
I will give the UK an Email as all I really need is the Squire and can cut off the other. Problem in the pass was most all of the decals were a bit larger than the original.
I did find a gent that posted some DIY files but I not sue of anyone local that can reproduce in gold.
it's too bad about the scratches. Nice headstock though, those little flecks in the grain are very appealing, almost like birdseye.

You could get the logo printed on a waterslide, apply it, and then use some metallic modeling paint and a fine tip detail brush to fill in the gold lettering before spraying the clear coat.

That might even look better than it did to begin with.

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
You may be able to get a Fender/Squier approved luthier to order one from the factory as a repair. But I may be just FOS.

Another option is to print your own if you have a reasonable printer.

BorderRadio

Doctor of Teleocity
You may be able to get a Fender/Squier approved luthier to order one from the factory as a repair. But I may be just FOS.

Another option is to print your own if you have a reasonable printer.
I've tried this back in 2015, FMIC doesn't provide this as a 'service' to the Squier line.

BorderRadio

Doctor of Teleocity
it's too bad about the scratches. Nice headstock though, those little flecks in the grain are very appealing, almost like birdseye.

You could get the logo printed on a waterslide, apply it, and then use some metallic modeling paint and a fine tip detail brush to fill in the gold lettering before spraying the clear coat.

That might even look better than it did to begin with.
Hand-inking is not my cup of tea. I kept ripping the decals after applying the ink. I just left the best one as a moderate 'relic' :D

DSC_0218.JPG

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
I bought a nice Fender decal from a dude in Canada a couple years back. I have since removed it for ethical reasons. You shouldn't have that issue, but you will still likely have a nervous time dealing in the grey market.