Head for best tube clean

Hoodster

Friend of Leo's
I use pedals for crunch with the Darkhorse and it’s great that way. Since it doesn’t have a loop, I wouldn’t want to run reverb or delay into the amp overdrive anyway.

Great call on the Champ 12 but it is not a head. I agree about the cleans, just gorgeous.

DjimiWrey

Tele-Holic
Already have a nice little 12 cab. Looking for low budget fender clean tube amp. Tone Here is what I am looking at monoprice 15, joyo, burgera 22 and not tube but mustang 3. Any thoughts?

there's a bugera out there with 6L6s that gets real close to clean fender twin reverb tone... i don't care what anyone says, no solid state amp can get that sound when compared side by side...
some of us with ears can also hear the difference in tone between a tele solid body and tele thin-line... so yeah, tone is in yer underpants..
was that snarky? i'm sorry
which speaker is in yer 12 cab?

68silverw/black

TDPRI Member
No cleaner cleans than a Fender Bassman head...late blackface or early silverface. Don't forget about speaker cab impedance. Bassman takes 4 Ohm cab just like the Champs. My '68 drip edge sounds delightful....clean until about 6 on the volume knob (already pretty loud) and then glorious break-up. Prices have been going up, but you can still get one for about $500.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=183595259016