1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Having misgivings about my son visiting today...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 8barlouie, Apr 12, 2020.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

it's a 1300 fine for being out on the road for no good reason here ..... good reason to stay at home...

they even got a gov minister going to his holiday home over easter.... surfboards on the roof, trail bikes in your truck, doing a dump run.... heaps of busts over easter ....

2. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Well, in my particular case, both parties agreed that we can get together any old time. It’s better to be safe than sorry- or worse.

trev333 likes this.
  3. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]
    This was Easter with my side of the family via Zoom. At one point my mom took her phone into her “doll room.” Super creepy room no one likes. A lot of joking around and not so different from how we act when we’re together in person. Very thankful for the technology to do this during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Milspec likes this.
  4. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Poster Extraordinaire

What are the rules where the OP lives? Do they vary between states? Here in the UK it is very clear that you must not visit friends or relatives except to drop off essential items like food or medicine if they are vulnerable people. So there would be no dilemma involved at all - a social visit isn't allowed full stop. Mind you, people still flout the rules here, like my neighbours who had their daughter and grandchildren visiting for Easter yesterday.

8barlouie likes this.
  5. 8barlouie

In my home state of Massachusetts, the governor is allowing private gatherings of 10 people or less, although he strongly advises against it. My son lives in neighboring Rhode Island, where gathers of more than 5, public or private, are forbidden. We could have lawfully still had dinner together afaik.

6. koolimy

koolimy TDPRI Member

Do you have Zoom, Facetime, or any other video conferencing app or software? I would try to set up a recurring meeting where you can talk with your son regularly, maybe once a month or something like that. It's not perfect but it helps a lot with easing the sting of being isolated and not being able to see your loved ones for a while.

8barlouie likes this.
  7. RiverDog

RiverDog Tele-Afflicted

8. 8barlouie

9. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I understand the fear. I have a 30 something son living alone in an apartment with his dog in NYC. He's only been out occasionally to walk his dog. Most of the time he lets her run down the stairs and hang out on the patio. He's gotten cabin fever and called Saturday at 4AM in what sounded like a panic attack. He wants my wife to drive in and pick him up for the weekend next Friday night. He says he'll wear a mask. I hope the weather is good enough for me to work outside. I know how he feels but I don't want to be penned up with him. This is one of those times when only bad choices are available. I'm 70 with two other risk factors. He has none but cabin fever.

Bassman8 and 8barlouie like this.
  10. 8barlouie

That’s a tough one. Personally I would just level with him about your well-founded concerns. He might surprise you and agree!

JL_LI likes this.
  11. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Fact timed with my 6 year old granddaughter on the way home from work (I know I know) but she's such a cutie.

8barlouie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.