Having a hard time with this one

nickmsmith

Tele-Holic
Been off here a bit and busy with work and life. Granny is doing better, and been coming back around to her usual self. She’s been able to walk again and it was the medication that they put her on, needless to say they took her off of it.

My uncle is retired and stays with her all week and my mom has been staying with her on the weekend.
That is awesome. All of my grandparents died before I could get to know any of them as an adult, and the one that made it past age 63 was the one that was no impact on my life.

That’s awesome that you get more good time to spend with her. My good grandma is the one person in my life, if I had one wish of a person to talk to again for 10 minutes, I would choose. She’s been gone since 2004.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Never easy.
One of my grandmas lasted very long into demntia
stage . It is true your are born a baby in diapers
and you leave a baby in diapers in last stages.

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Having to deal with the elderly is a hard thing. Some of them go peaceful, others have mental issues and become really hard to deal with, still others slowly fade away mentally and you lose them before you really lose them.

It is heartbreaking and nerve wracking all at the same time. Best thoughts, prayers, karma and all of those things to you.

MickM

Poster Extraordinaire
Platinum Supporter
Get her tested for a Urinary Tract Infection. UTI.
Sudden onset stuff like that is often related to UTIs. If untreated they'll lead to sepsis, which is often a very bad outcome. The tests often miss that, so if you've got a sympathetic Doc get some antibiotics.
Good luck, stay strong!
YES! Avery good friend is his Mom's support system at an assisted living facility where she's been for 5yrs or so. This last year whenever she started acting out of "normal" they found out that she's had 3 or 4 uti's.
To the OP, I hope I'm wrong but this could only be the beginning of a long arduous journey.