Have you tried your Tele through a Fender Rumble bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by haggardfan1, Feb 25, 2019.

1. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

I haven't. SVT is an Ampeg tube bass amp, isn't it?

2. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Yes, a big one.

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I used to run my Bass Vamp through it at times if I wanted something different but Im a purist at heart amp- guitar , then build your sound up from there, if I want a different sound I change my bass

P1011985.JPG

ale.istotle likes this.
  4. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

Hadn’t tried Tele into Rumble, so I just did. A Rumble 40 and a Rumble 200. Not too impressive You can work the tone, but still not good. I thru in a Zoom Multi Stomp pedal that I have set up to go straight to a PA, and bammmm either amp sounds great. The ZMS is set to Fender Deluxe Reverb with speaker emulation, some comp, verb. The R200 was more impressive. I guess the 15” versus the 10” speaker. I’d gig with the R40 and the ZMS pedal. We found the R40 just loud enough for bass in our typical band volumes in small venues.

haggardfan1 and dswo like this.
  5. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

The R40 sounded good with backing tracks. Surprisingly the bass speaker didn’t off color my tracks. Didn’t try tracks on the R200 but it has a horn which would likely sound better for tracks.

dswo likes this.
  6. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

I find this a fascinating subject, because after 50 years of playing, albeit crappy playing, I never experimented through a bass amp.

But now, as I approach death and feverishly looking to buy stuff on CL, my interest has been peaked in the used bass amps that I see. Gotta be head and cab, though. And a BIG cab!

Don’t play into heavy gain, overdrive territory at ALL, just clean, so why not?

haggardfan1 likes this.
  7. Grandma's Tele

Grandma's Tele Tele-Meister

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  8. ChrisDowning

ChrisDowning TDPRI Member

Yep, that will work OK. You'll need to get the EQ sorted though. I used to teach full time and many's the time when I'd have bass player then guitar student and just carried on with the same amp. It's more of an EQ issue and lack of top when playing - but for church - no problem. And you can get some great bottoms - time to practice up your Travis picking / Chet riffs.

haggardfan1 likes this.
  9. ChrisDowning

ChrisDowning TDPRI Member

Mmmmnnn - I'm 72 but not ready to factor in death when aquiring gear. But a recent 2x12 combo aquisition seems to be defeating most members of the band - some of whom remided me I'm old enough to be their father (not sure that didn't have layers of subtext in it - and I don't think I've even met their mother!)

10. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

I didn't figure on being able to gig one pedal-free; although I might demo it direct in with guitar. I haven't used reverb in years so that isn't really an issue to me. My old Zoom multi-efx probably has some amp sims that might help if necessary, I'm certain it has EQ adjustments for most of the patches.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.