Have you tried your Tele through a Fender Rumble bass amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by haggardfan1, Feb 25, 2019.

1. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

try it out and let us know you opinion I would use it ,I never thought about my acoustics or my classical , but I'm give it a try for sure!

2. zhyla

zhyla Tele-Meister

A friend has a Rumble 40, I've plugged a couple guitars into that. Seemed fine to me. I think with some pedals and maybe an EQ pedal you could do a lot with it.

3. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

isn't it a matter of speaker type more than amp type?....(in general)

guitars like guitar speakers, Bass likes bass speakers.... horses for courses...;)

get a head and two different speaker bins ... :)

4. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

I’ve played several of my guitars (and my pedalboard) through my daughter’s Rumble 150, with the 15” speaker...it sounded gloriously huge.

I’d use it for a gig, without reservation, if my Vibroverb went down.

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I have a young friend that only plays a tele and only plays through a bass amp. Not a Fender Rumble, but he owns that combination sound and loves it.

6. Mosstone

Mosstone TDPRI Member

One caveat... a 100 watt solid state amp may be loud enough to gig with playing guitar, but a bass needs more power to outrun a drummer and a full band. I played bass for many years before I picked up guitar, and a 100W SS amp isn't even loud enough for band practice. Depending on the amp, I've always needed 250-300 watts for gigging.

Also, when the amp was made makes a difference... Newer Rumbles sound much better than the older ones. Fender changed the product line around 2011 or 2012, I think. When they upgraded the Bassman amps to a premium amp line, the Rumble line inherited the old Bassman designs... Or so I'm told.

haggardfan1 likes this.
  7. 24 track

the rumble 100 that I have has a DI and a Line out built in so you can run it through a monitor system as well as the speakers at the same time.

haggardfan1 and Mosstone like this.
  8. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

same here.. smaller bass amp for stage monitor and DI out to the PA to mix it through the house.....

though I wish the amp DI outs would have a separate level pot to set.. so if you turn up the stage amp a bit for balance, it doesn't upset the house PA mix....

haggardfan1 likes this.
  9. Mosstone

Mosstone TDPRI Member

Well there you go... I didn't know they had a DI. I didn't think the older ones did, anyway.

haggardfan1 and 24 track like this.
  10. dswo

dswo Tele-Meister

How well does a Rumble handle backing tracks? My studio monitors are considerably smaller than my guitar amps, and I've been looking for something with more oomph. I know this amp wasn't designed for backing tracks, but I was planning to buy one anyway...in a year or two, with an actual bass. If it can also approximate FRFR, though, that would be reason to get it sooner.

11. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

The newer Rumble series gets a lot of love around here. That's the one I'm considering, primarily because they are so ridiculously lightweight. If you've never picked one up, they feel like there's no speaker inside at all.

Mosstone likes this.
  12. 24 track

rum pan.jpg

plus the baffle port glows red with leds makes it look the insides are on fire:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

haggardfan1 and Mosstone like this.
  13. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

I haven't run through a Rumble but I did run my Tele through an Ampeg BA115 (150 watts, 15" spkr, horn) that I have hanging around. I ran my pedal board through it and it sounded great. And boy did it get loud! If I ever needed to beef up my sound I would give it a shot.

haggardfan1 likes this.
  14. Mosstone

Mosstone TDPRI Member

I never picked one up, but I remember trying one after everyone started raving about them, and it sounded just as good my Bassman... I don't turn my nose up at them anymore.

haggardfan1 likes this.
  15. ale.istotle

ale.istotle TDPRI Member

One more thought on the rumble - I have the 40. It has no effects loop. If that' important go to the 100.

I've tried my T-style (home built with MFD pickups like an asat classic) and it sound good but I don't play it through it much because the extra bass response makes something on the bookshelf resonate around Bb and something on the printer at around an E. The room buzzing detracts from my enjoyment. Though tt's nice to set the looper into the bass amp and play along on other equipment.

16. haggardfan1

Should you retune your bookshelf and your printer? Or maybe the intonation is off...:)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  17. haggardfan1

Bassman sound is kinda what I'm after, so after hearing the Rumble inherited the Bassman circuitry, I'm even more excited. After all, look at my avatar. Two tweed Bassmans onstage, for as far back as I can remember.

And, like Merle, I don't use reverb any more. This is probably right up my alley. I can't wait to try one and update the thread; it won't be long.

Mosstone likes this.
  18. ale.istotle

ale.istotle TDPRI Member

I have been meaning to intonate the bookshelf. I thought it was laminate, but must be tonewood.
    I'll lay down a bass line in F through the looper then walk around the room finding everything that buzzes.

19. haggardfan1

You have to use directional bookends. :lol::lol: Thanks for your post!

20. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Have you tried your Tele through an SVT?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.