1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Have you had a shingles or Shingrix shot?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Zepfan

Zepfan Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I'm going to get my shot soon, I've seen what shingles does to a person and I don't want it.

Wulf and Toto'sDad like this.
  2. nvilletele

nvilletele Friend of Leo's

I have had both Shingrix shots. No significant pain or problems. Well worth getting it. No one wants to get shingles, unless fixing the roof, etc.

3. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

My puppy and I both completed our shots. I got the high dose flu shot, Prevnar 13 pneumonia, and a shingles shot all within a week. The pneumonia shot made me a little sore. I didn’t feel like my normal self for two days after the shingles shot. I’m not taking chances.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Wulf, Toto'sDad and Milspec like this.
  4. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

I's like shots images (66).jpeg

Yes Chickenpox surprise isn't nice. A friend had it under her eyelids after going 'what are these spots' on partner's legs

5. adjason

adjason Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

good to hear- I am 50 and signed up to go the doctor in a couple of weeks for a checkup- I asked for the shingles vaccine

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks for reminding me TD. I’m getting mine this week. well, at least the first one

7. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I had the first dose of Shingrix about 3 weeks ago. No side effects other than a sore arm.

8. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Had shot one of Shingrix in August, and will have the 2nd in December. My ex wife was prone to shingles, and it was a ton of pain for her so I'm motivated to be immune.

For me the 1st Shingrix shot burned a little when it was given, and the muscle was sore for a couple days. Definitely NOT bad enough to skip it though.

9. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Got the first shot in August as well along with a pneumonia shot after being told that I didn't have liver cancer....heck of a way to celebrate.

The shingles shot actually messed up my arm pretty badly. My entire upper arm was badly bruised and painful for about a week, made it tough to work my physical labor job. Haven't given much thought as to getting the second shot...can't say I really want it.

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The best way I can explain this is: When my bestest golfing buddy met my wife, and this was more than twenty years ago. He looked at her then he looked at me, and asked; What the hell happened to YOU? The worst of is, when someone asks me about my DAUGHTER when she's with me, and she's seven months older than I am!

Wulf likes this.
  11. Toto'sDad

I think it's a great idea you're going ahead with the shots. I've had three shots, I'm hoping that at least one of them is effective against whatever comes.

Wulf likes this.
  12. Toto'sDad

From what I've read getting the second shot is essential.

Milspec, Wulf and DavidP like this.
  13. Toto'sDad

They don't call you IRONwolf for nothing.

Wulf likes this.
  14. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

No, but I'm 53 and after some of the stories I've heard, I'm going to get that vaccine no matter how bad it hurts or what it costs.

15. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Yeah I got my first Shingrix shot a few weeks ago. Took awhile for Kaiser to get it in stock but they did finally. I guess I get the next one in a few more months. This one just made my arm sore for a couple days.

16. Toto'sDad

Just came back from our evening walk, and I'm feeling much better than I did yesterday. I think by tomorrow, I'll be all good. I'm glad to have it out of the way!

Wulf likes this.
  17. Alex W

Alex W Friend of Leo's

I got the shingles vaccine and I recommend it.

I got the first shingles shot along with a flu shot on the same day, and I do not recommend doing that! I felt BAD the next day.

18. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

good time to keep healty folks...strong immune system is vital...esp now
    as for shingles...i got it on my foot a few months ago...woke up...foot itchyburny...looked...oh dear...i thin i know...googled it ...looked at what info i could..yup..shingles..i think i was lucky..it was on a small patch on side of my foot...like zillions of orrible lil blisters that itched and burned and stung all at same time
    couldnt see doctor...shut...couldnt put a boot on to walk to chemists shop...had to grin and bear it...it didnt last all that long...but i dont EVER want it again...currently cant sleep i cut my right thumb to the bone shaping a lump of wood for a guitar mod im starting...making a 6 string headstock into a 12string one...you know...mindlessly cutting away before morning coffee had kicked in and woke me up...Slip...sllliccce....blood...more blood...wulf thinking he was going to have an empty arm (not awake enough to remember it circulates everywhere)...now its throbbing like a beatch...swollen and as red as a brothel lamp...this post reminded me ...i think shingles might distract me from my poor thumb

19. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I've had the old vaccine as well as the newer one. I had a family doctor in Edmonton, Alberta from around 2001 even though I lived out in Saskatchewan and was chasing oil'refinery turnarounds all over western Canada. I went to see him sometime after 2013 or so about getting the vaccine. Turned out he had had shingles a few years before. He was all in favor of my getting the vaccine.

Toto'sDad and Wulf like this.
  20. 39martind18

39martind18 Friend of Leo's

Nailed those down, din'cha!

String Tree and Wulf like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.