Have You Ever Spent All The Money In Your Wallet?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stanford Guitar, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

I think the way most people are with credit, mortgage, car loans, credit card debt, they don't realize how empty their wallet really is.

2. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Afflicted

It can be done that way, but alot of the thieves work in packs, one will lift the item, immediately pass it onto another coming the opposite direction, it will then be passed to a third to leave the area before being given to one who takes all the money or valuables, it can be a nightmare stopping them

Fretting out likes this.
  3. johnny k

johnny k Poster Extraordinaire

When i was pickpocketed, it was new years' eve. Waiting at the french ambassy the next day, it looked like all the french tourists in london had been robbed.

I don't like big cities much, paris sucks big time. The safest i have been is probably berlin, but i didn't stay long so i can't really tell. And brussels, by belgium people are on their own planet.

4. mojek

mojek Tele-Meister

Yes, happened to me 2 or 3 times..

brookdalebill likes this.
  5. miguelalmeida

miguelalmeida Tele-Meister

I had a lowest point in my life that served me as a lesson that I learned very well.
    Early 20s, slept on my car with all my possessions for around 3 weeks. No money, eating at the restaurant where I worked and also washing myself there.
    I lived on tips and going back to dad’s house wasn’t an option.
    A friend of mine heard about it and let me stay in his garage for a whole summer until I got myself running.
    Alcohol or drugs were never an issue, just pure slacking off responsibilities.
    I learned my lesson and never went on another month without saving some cash

6. Fretting out

Fretting out Doctor of Teleocity

Right! On! Bones

I have a feeling a lot of these guys driving around in big brand new 80’000 dollar F-250’s with lifts are in debt up to their eyeballs, I just don’t get it, I guess it’s to put up a front in today’s culture, have the best biggest new things but be in crippling permanent debt

I don’t have to put on any front and that helps me avoid debt

I’m just as happy having older smaller things that are paid off and being able to sleep at night

Of course guitars are a different manner ;)

7. dougstrum

dougstrum Friend of Leo's

I can remember some pretty hard times in the 70's~

JustABluesGuy and brookdalebill like this.
  8. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Yup used to be flat broke before pay day, but proud to say I never borrowed a dollar either.

9. rstaaf

rstaaf Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

It has been years since the last time I have carried cash in my wallet. Has never been an issue. :)
    Most of my cards are in Apple Wallet on my phone and watch. I carry one for places that are technologically challenged and can't scan for a chip ;)
    I have no qualms about credit. I know where every penny I make goes and I pay ALL of my bills on time and my credit rating reflects that. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  10. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Friend of Leo's

All cities are afflicted by street crime, I've been mugged in Edinburgh. Twice.

It's never happened to me in Paris, although it's rife there. I/we have had a lot of dodgy characters try to interact with us though.

The Sacre Cour seem to be a favourite of theirs, and the Eiffel Tower of course. I was accosted once on the Rue de la Pais, outside Van Cleef and Arpels no less, trying to convince me that I should buy a tres cher ring he'd 'found' while his mates hovered nearby. I told him to **** off in French. It seemed to do the trick.

regularslinky and johnny k like this.
  11. naveed211

naveed211 Friend of Leo's

Yeah, before I got a credit card at like age 19 or 20 that is. Plenty of times I was down to zero. More paychecks than not at some point. Not even like I fell on hard times, I just loved to spend and had no concept of saving.

12. Ess Eff

Ess Eff Tele-Afflicted

???

What is this thing u talk abt?

Money?

Use my credit cards or phone to pay for stuff.

13. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

There was a brief time in my early 20’s where I was paycheck to paycheck, and sometimes ran 2-3 days with no money until payday. I don’t miss those days at all.

I have also had more debt than savings around the same time, which is far worse and too easy to do. Too many people live that way, unfortunately. Poor choices and habits. Thankfully those days are long behind me.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  14. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

What money?!?!
    DearestSerpentineEnglishsetter-max-1mb.gif

15. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

Wouldn’t I need to have money in my pocket in the first place?

16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

Yup. Once during college in the 70s. I was almost broke while between jobs, so I went to the horse race track and lost my last $21. I lived off of borrowed Kraft Mac and Cheese until I found another job. Best lesson of my life. ‘Til this day, I still don’t gamble other than our local nickel anti poker with $5 start limit.

17. JustABluesGuy

JustABluesGuy Friend of Leo's

My parents got pickpocketed in Paris. My dad wasn’t even out of the airport yet!!

They later tried to get my wife, but I stopped that fast!

18. Steve Holt

Steve Holt Friend of Leo's

Only in college. One time my card got declined by a pop machine.

Another time a friend of my sister came to town for the evening and he could only come because I'd be able to give him a ride to another town the next day because we were both going. He offered to fill up my car for the trouble and I accepted. I wouldn't have been able to get enough gas for my car if not for him that day.

On thing I do as an adult with a job though, every single time I'm at the gas pump, I fill up my car all the way no matter what. Doesn't matter how big of a hurry I'm in or if it's 0 degrees outside. I fill it up, because it's something I could never do in college and always gave me a lot of anxiety.

19. Old Deaf Roadie

Old Deaf Roadie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

We're musicians. Whatever made you think we have money?

El Marin likes this.
  20. Nightclub Dwight

Nightclub Dwight Friend of Leo's

A very very long time ago. Those were the days.

Fretting out likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.