Have you ever sold a guitar simply due to value?

Togman

Tele-Afflicted
Back in 1974 I got my first 'proper' Guitar - a S/H 1968 Std Sunburst Tele. That Guitar was my only electric 6 string for many years. I played many gigs with it. It never occurred to me to do any upgrades as she was perfect as is. It wasn't until I got a Strat in 2010 that the Tele took kind of a back seat. I still played it - but it only got used for specific gigs as I was becoming aware of the value of it.

Move on to 2019 when out of the blue I was offered (what I considered to be) a ridiculous amount for the Tele. The guy wanted a birth year guitar - and he liked the fact that mine was all original. After sleeping on it for a couple of days, the deal was done.

I spent about 25% of the proceeds on a new Strat and never looked back.

Twang-ineer

Tele-Meister
Everything in my world eventually go on the block. I have two basses and one strat I will never sell.... everything else is just rented from the world at large. Lately I sold a mint, first year Taylor T5 for way more than I paid for it, I loved the guitar, it was pretty one of a kind in a few ways, but dang, I took one great guitar and turned it into two great guitars, did not look back.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Yes
The vintage market ticks me off because every ten years all my user gear turns into valuable collector gear