1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Have you ever seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blind_Possum, Oct 7, 2012.

1. jonal335

jonal335 Tele-Holic

About twenty years ago, my wife and I, and thousands of other people in the Pacific Northwest region, saw something moving slowly across the night sky. It was explained as being a disintegrating satellite by the government, but no one believed that. Even after that experience, I find it hard to believe in UFOs or aliens...sure would like to though...

2. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Space and time are big enough that I'm sure there has been, is, or will be, other 'intelligent' life in the universe. Whether our time here coincides with it is another question. I've never seen a UFO, but I would LOVE TO.

3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Twice I have seen things I could not explain. Nobody else could either.
    Even so, there is no PROOF that what I saw came from another planet.

Yes, I believe in Life on other planets.
    The Evidence suggests it, but it hasn't proven it. Yet.

4. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

1. Only since posting on TDPRI. (Joke - the real answer is no.)
    2. I'm open to the possibility. Why not?

5. kyle1167

kyle1167 Tele-Holic

I don't think we have ever been visited by aliens, but if we ever are, I'm heeding Stephen's advice.

6. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

I live in southern New Mexico, so I see aliens every day. The immigrant kind, not the little green kind.

Actually, I do think that there is life out there, but I don't think they have ever physically visited us, or that they could. Why would they? The whole idea just seems like people are desperate to prove that the human race is so special.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Well, there is Tommy Emmanuel, I think he might be an alien.

8. deano_l

deano_l Tele-Meister

Why do they always seem to turn up in the more backward parts of America and nowhere else? Not New York, LA, Washington, London, Paris, Moscow, you know... anywhere with a 24 hour news team on permanent standby? But they're never away from Cletus Droppings, Wyoming!

Why do they visit those places? The conversation?

9. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

"Phoenix. AZ"- hundreds saw it and videoed it.

10. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

I once saw a flying object that I could not immediately identify:

On an extremely windy day in Morgan Hill, CA about 30 years ago, I saw something "flashing" at an un-determinable "hovering" altitude. It did not go darting about but stayed in one spot. I knew I wasn't seeing things when everyone else around confirmed that they saw it too.

About an hour later we found out what it was when it "landed":

It was a piece of plywood about 3 by 4 foot in size, painted black on one side and white on the other. Once I saw what it was, it must have been "hovering" at about 2-3000 ft. and the "flashing" was produced by a steady rolling.

I am amazed to this day by the questions of how did it initially take "flight", what aerodynamics caused it to roll in one spot for as long as it did, and who painted it white/black in the first place.

Maybe some ET dropped it out of his saucer just to ****** with us..:confused:

11. TucsonTele

TucsonTele Tele-Meister

On the planet where I come from all you guys are considered aliens, so yes.

12. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

lol

13. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

14. Shepherd

Shepherd Friend of Leo's

There's alot of unbelievable freaks outhere.

[​IMG]

15. MickM

MickM Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Great guess! That's exactly why the ones I've met visit "those places". Fact is I'm gettin' ready to light off the ol' Millennium Falcon and meet a guy in Cletusville tonite!

To the OP, don't know what I've seen in the sky but we ain't the only nuts hanging in this solar tree.:D

16. HalfEmpty

HalfEmpty Tele-Meister

I saw a giant cloud of rainbow dust in the night sky once. It was surreal. If someone could explain what it was to me, I'd be forever grateful. :D

17. kyle1167

kyle1167 Tele-Holic

Acid

18. brewwagon

brewwagon Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]
    concept of an aircraft electrogravitica originally conceived by Tesla in 1919.

"I am now planning aerial machines devoid of supporters planes, ailerons, propellers and other external attachments, which will be capable of immense speeds."

[​IMG]
    J. Frank King, a colleague of T. Townsend Brown
    Patented a magneto-hydrodynamic device. Note
    The similarities in the design of Adamski's flying saucer

[​IMG]

19. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I wonder what our reactions truly would be if actual bona fide contact was made. I know that in sci-fi writing, the US government is said to have a group of experts that deal with the psychological, ethical, political, etc. implications of that. How could we ever go back to feeling "normal"? That knowledge and its fallout would impact everything.

Starting with the news, for example. For how long would that be the lead story? Think of the questions we would have for the alien visitors. Assuming they are highly intelligent (their culture that had the knowledge and technology for a visit, as well as the particular aliens who made the trip, would indicate a superior knowledge of science in all its forms). Just imagine the questions and answers that would flow back and forth, and how that knowledge is disseminated in the media. Something like a crime that would normally capture the nation's interest when it is particular clever, unusual, or heinous would be small potatoes in the media.

Imagine a field such as math, where amazing discoveries are continuously being made that have implications for other areas of math, as well as its application in physics, chemistry, engineering, etc. How could mathematics and the sciences even begin to process the new info?

Religion. Oh, boy. Is there any religion that would not be shaken to its core by this? Imagine how any particular religion would have those that accept that aliens are actually here, and those that would be compelled to deny their existence as a hoax, allowing the religion's structure and beliefs to remain intact.

Our military. How threatening this would be perceived and what measures would be taken to deal with the threat?

Music and other art forms.

Energy.

Astro-physics.

The short and long-term psychological effects on everybody. How could we ever feel "normal" again? Every waking thought would be connected to this knowledge.

I am leaning strongly toward thinking it would not be such a good thing for us, even if they don't appear threatening and aggressive. Just the fact that for the first time in recorded world history, there is a before and after that billions of people would experience. I wonder if those who would like contact to be made would change their mind after living with a new way of thinking and understanding ourselves that we cannot deny or hide from.

20. Radspin

Radspin Friend of Leo's

I've seen two. In the late '70s in the winter I was driving home from work around 6:30 or so when traffic was stopped dead on the Long Island Expressway. People had their car windows open and were looking up at a triangle of extremely bright lights hovering around exit 49. It was so strange looking, and I thought it was so weird that the traffic was stopped that I got scared and started looking for the exit ramp. I was stuck and couldn't get off the Expressway. After a few minutes the lights just shut off. A few minutes later traffic started moving again. I got home and called Newsday (the local paper) and the police and neither could offer an explanation. I figured I'd hear about it on the news the next day or read about it in the paper since, well, traffic was stopped on the freakin' Long Island Expressway!

Nothing.

The second happened when I was driving from Las Vegas to Bakersfield in the early to mid '90s. As I was driving (in the daytime) what looked like a glowing green ball with an orangish-yellow circle around it flew across the windshield from left to right. I was s startled I twitched holding the steering wheel. Two friends were in the back seat. "Holy s&#&*, did you see that?" I said. However, they had both been asleep and didn't see it, although my swerving to avoid it woke them up.

To this day I have no explanation of either sighting.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.