Have you ever seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Blind_Possum, Oct 7, 2012.

1. TeleDrifter

TeleDrifter Tele-Afflicted

First visit to AZ in 97 saw the "Phoenix Lights" while driving back from sightseeing up north. You can youtube Phoenix Lights.

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Telling your boss that you were abducted and anally probed by aliens will NOT excuse you for being late to work. That's all I can personally add to this thread.

3. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

Ask yourself this -- how many gazillion random events are captured on video these days, with most of the population of the developed world in possession of a camera-equipped mobile phone? So how come we haven't seen an explosion in the number of apparent UFO filmings, or even one or two quality videos of alien spacecraft or even their occupants in the last few years?

4. Blinky

Blinky Tele-Meister

People call it the "Hammer" and I don't know why
    Seen some very weird and cool objects in the sky over the years, no idea what they might of been so yes to ufo's.

Every time I watch the news regarding the mid east, I think , "what planet are those people from?" So yes to that question too.

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

+1:D

6. Schmikey

Schmikey Tele-Holic

This is exactly what I think too.

7. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

Obviously, they've improved their cloaking devices. :rolleyes:

8. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

Yes and yes.I saw a UFO half a century ago.It was night in October.The sky was perfectly clear.I,and my buddies,looked up and saw a very bright pinpoint of light.As we watched,the
    pinpoint seemed to come closer and closer.Within minutes,the size had grown to about the
    size of a quarter.The light hovered for a few minutes,then moved quickly to the left,then
    made an impossible dogleg move in the opposite direction,at very high speed.I would say
    that this move lasted only seconds-the UFO disappeared from sight.We were dumbstruck!!

9. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Actually, we have. The amount of UFO video posted from cellphones around the world is pretty compelling evidence that something is going on. Not saying it's alien or paranormal in nature or even that there isn't a mundane explantion for most of them, but there have been enough filmed sightings to at least make a person have an open mind about the subject.

10. andyfromdenver

andyfromdenver Friend of Leo's

No
    Yes

11. deano_l

deano_l Tele-Meister

No alien has ever visited Earth. No Flying Saucers. UFO's are better described as MFO's... Misidentified Flying Objects.

There is life elsewhere in the galaxy and even more in the universe. The Drake Equation shows it is almost guaranteed. We'll never come across it though because the distances are too great and we are limited to travel at less than the speed of light.

12. Lenderman_k

Lenderman_k Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

As Mulder said, "I want to believe."

13. Tdub

Tdub Friend of Leo's

Because it was some fabricated crap in the first place.

14. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

Yes and yes.

But ...

The UFO was just an unidentified flying object - "UFO" doesn't mean aliens - probably not of extraterrestrial origin. That means I didn't recognise it, not that air traffic control didn't know what it was.

The normal one is star pattern of lights manoeuvring rapidly in formation - typically army helicopters on night exercise.

The probability of "extra terrestrial life" is very high, given the almost infinite number of extra-solar planets. This is less of a belief system than reasoned assessment of facts. Have they visited us? - no evidence.

15. jmiles

jmiles Friend of Leo's

Yes. Twice. Close.
    Yes.
    Really don't want to talk about the subject.

16. umasstele

umasstele Tele-Afflicted

This is the way in which I feel about the topic...but I do still find UFOs and the like fascinating, and spooky!

17. KenH

KenH Tele-Holic

Does that include projectile vomiting?

18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Extra terrestrials are always given credit as being tremendously advanced and flitting about the universe in 57 Chebbies with warp drives, and dingle balls. What if on all the habitable planets everywhere the population are all sitting in front of a computer looking at the equivalent of a Guitar Center website trying to find the perfect Tele? CHEAP!

19. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Nah, that's just a problem of engineering, not an absolute. I'm not saying aliens have been here - personally I think there have been encounters, but that's just me - but given a few hundred more years of either advanced technolgical progress or more likely biological engineering and even us monkeys will probably find a way to leave the cradle.

20. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

In 1972, I was sitting outside in an undeveloped part of the Portland area with my friends. We saw some low, slow moving lights that just didn't make sense in how they were arranged. No sound, either. After a minute, we saw that it was a Goodyear blimp running with the lights on outside the gondola, or whatever it is called. I think they even turned them off at one point. While I was relieved to see what it was, boy, was I caught up in the feeling that it was all true after all. I wanted it to be true very, very much. I can easily believe that when people see something that they can't explain, it is very easy and highly tempting to start interpreting the experience in a manner somewhat like mine. A big part of my experience was that, of all the possibilities that I was running through like a checklist, a blimp in the middle of the sticks at 10 PM was one of the last things I would consider.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.