Have you ever ordered from Deanguitars.com?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by skitched, Jun 25, 2020.

1. skitched

skitched Tele-Meister

i ordered a Flight Mahogany travel acoustic last week (16 June) and I haven’t heard a peep from them since, I’ve sent several emails with @deanguitars.com at the end, as well as an email that shows up on the PayPal transaction as [email protected] which got an automatic response saying the email was invalid...

I also just called them and it went to voicemail...

I contacted PayPal to see what I could do about not being able to properly contact the seller and they claim that DEAN has 270 days (!!!) to fulfill the order.

Does anyone have experience with dean guitars.com? Are they shady, or just going out of their way to ensure that I never give another dollar towards their company, which also includes the Luna guitars.

2. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

I don’t think they’re shady, but could be incompetent.
    A lot of people are short handed due to the virus. Id keep trying to get through, and if I did I’d ream them a new one.
    Try approaching PayPal like you want to cancel your order, see what they say, I’m not a big fan of PayPal either though.

3. skitched

skitched Tele-Meister

I have and they say that they can’t cancel the order while it’s still “Pending” until after 30 days...if it’s still pending.

I realize their might be delays in orders and communication in our current situation, but I’d hope they could still reply to emails and/or answer the phone, as well as provide a good idea on how long an order may take on their website.

4. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Did they provide you with a tracking number? Are you saying your purchase hasn't even shipped yet? From my recent experience, shipping and tracking has been sort of messed up due to current world problems. I'd give it a little more time.

5. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Poster Extraordinaire

They are owned by Evan Rubison Armidillo enterprises
    They have over 100 employees, I just googled and got that much, I’d try to contact The owner, they have a Wiki page.
    Good luck.

BryMelvin likes this.
  6. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Be careful, there are two "Dean's". Zelinsky sold the company once, but he makes nice guitars under a similar name now. Dean Zelinsky Guitars now I think. Not sure which you are dealing with.

7. TheKat

TheKat TDPRI Member

Dean guitars with the website mentioned is the older company. It is a reputable company making and selling guitars internationally. They (or their parent company Armadillo Enterprises) even got sued by Gibson, which counts as a badge of honor in my opinion.

If you didn't get duped by a fake website maskerading as Dean Guitars (which seems unlikely), I suspect that their operation selling guitars directly to customers doesn't function very well. Try ordering via a big online reseller next time, that may even be cheaper.

8. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

If it is still pending that would mean they have not yet accepted the money right ? if the money was in your paypal account i don't think there is much you can do but if the money was from your bank account to paypal get your bank to cancel the transaction

9. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

There is a option in paypal to not pay until you recieved the goods always opt for that option in future

10. skitched

skitched Tele-Meister

They aren’t actually taking my money out till it ships...but I didn’t order it just to wait forever to get it...If I could get ahold of someone id try to cancel the order so I could just get one from a store, but the price on their site was as good as any where else I saw...and they didn’t charge me tax...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.