Have you ever discovered music in a movie?

telemystix

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
I was recently watching a weirdish movie on cable called “colossal” and was not too enthused about it but kept watching…

Then this song came out and caught my ear immediately;

sinner_boy

TDPRI Member
I was about 9 or 10 years old when I saw "Great balls of fire". I don't remember if I was able to get a cassette of Jerry Lee Lewis or if I recorded the audio of the movie, but I spent a week listening to it non-stop. I still don't know how my parents didn't kill me for it. :lol:

jackinjax

Friend of Leo's
Since I haven't listened to music radio for years the only time I hear new to me music is watching movies and television so the music I'm hearing isn't necessarily new/current.
I think I first heard Elbow's "Grounds For Divorce" while binge watching the series "Suits".

TCA117

Tele-Meister
A friend of mine turned me onto the "Pretty in Pink" soundtrack. We lost him on 9/11 in WTC. So when I hear any songs from that Soundtrack - always think of him...

Blues Twanger

Tele-Afflicted
While it may not be popular with most users in this circle the soundtrack from Mortal Kombat Annihilation is a tour de force of electronic and industrial bangers of he late 90s.

Everything from Rammstein and Megadeth remixes through Lunatic Calm and Future Sound of London. If you know, you know.

Winky

Tele-Holic
Tangentially related to the topic, I was introduced to the music of Nick Drake through the VW cabriolet commercial:

You're not alone there. The VW commercial resulted in a big surge in (sadly posthumous) interest in his brilliant music.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
Of course I have. Any musician worth their salt should be discovering music anywhere that music is being played.

Lou Tencodpees

Tele-Afflicted
Beethoven through the soundtrack of Immortal Beloved comes to mind. I mean, I knew who he was and familiar with the superficial elements but did a deeper dive, discovering the likes of Glenn Gould.

My wife and I were watching some mindless show on Netflix and I was struck by a song used as the credits rolled. It was The Avett Brothers "No Hard Feelings" which for me is one of best written songs in that genre in decades.

Otisblove

Tele-Meister
New Slang by The Shins from the movie Garden State.

Another amazing Agnes Obel song called Familiar from the German tv series Dark. Here she is performing it live.

Buell

Tele-Holic
1669228139120.png

Pablo Picaso!!