1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Have You Ever Considered...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Nov 25, 2020.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Telefied Ad Free Member

See!?!?

Come to a thread about downsizing and I read about all the guitars I wanted for years and still don't own!

2. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

Absolutely. Indeed, at one point I considered selling off almost everything for one particularly nice mandolin. It made even me sound great.

ToujoursLire likes this.
  3. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nope.
    Thanks for asking

Tommy Biggs likes this.
  4. Pickingthru

Pickingthru Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

My effort is a work in process. I’m selling my Fender American Performer Tele HUM. Keeping my Limited Edition Lightweight Ash American Professional Telecaster. Holding onto my Taylor 314ce until I save enough money to buy a used Martin D-41.

5. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

The thought has crossed my mind a couple of times, as I have a fair number of guitars at this point.

Problem for me is, none of mine are cheap, so-so guitars that I wouldn't miss. They're all nice instruments, most with mods to my preference, and thus I feel more of an attachment to each of them than to guitars that just came off a new guitar rack and still remain box-stock.

And, if I were to sell them all and just buy a few very pricey "Custom Shop" guitars, I wouldn't gain any better tone quality, nor any better playability than I have with the USA/MIM blend of guitars that I have right now - which cost me far less than "custom shop" prices. I'm preferring the nice variety of quality instruments that I now have, vs. having just two or three really "special" :rolleyes: (very expensive) guitars.

So... when that kind of liquidation/consolidation thought occurs to me, it is vaporized into the atmosphere relatively swiftly.

Tommy Biggs likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.