Have everything I need, why do I keep looking on Reverb?

sloppychops

Tele-Afflicted
I'm at the point where I don't really need any more guitars or amps, but I still compulsively check Reverb and Craigslist on a daily basis looking for good deals on interesting stuff (spoiler alert: there are none!). There's something not right about this. Am I the only one?

3d4it2.jpg

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
YEP!!!

My morning starts with TDPRI then CL then Reverb!

Since I travel a lot it's cool to see how markets vary on CL. Every once in a while I score something. Got a mint unused Texas made Boomerang Looper last year at a great price in ABQ... that was probably the last deal or even buy that way. Even had the manual which went online a long time ago and is less than useful that way.

tomasz

Tele-Holic
O, you are completely sane, as all of us here! co to use :)))
I'm in the same boat, I have many guitars I love and play, I can bud myself a guitar of my dreams, which I also did.. still, there are guitars out there I just want to put my hands on. Like the Vela I just made a deal on ;)

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Yeah, I check Reverb and CL all the time. Once in a while something interesting pops up for a good price. I don't feel the need to own a lot of gear, but I do love trying new gear. I figure if I buy it used for a fair price I can (almost) always get my money back by re-selling it. So it's a very low-cost way to try things. Still, it's time that could be spent on other things. Also, you get yourself into the "what thing should I keep?" dilemma. Maybe that's a subject for a different thread...

Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I look constantly, too.
I really don’t find much.
If I do, it’s often out of my reach.
I’ve looked for interesting guitars since I was a teen.
Lotta years.
I have plenty of great stuff.
Ironically, the instruments I covet most are the least practical for me.
Classic 50s era (reissue) Gibson LP and ES types.
I love them as artwork/sculpture.
The neither sound, nor play well for the country, pop, classic rock styles I play for fun and profit.
Moderately inexpensive Tele/Cabronita type guitars are my working tools.
Why do I look/shop/covet?
I think it’s an indulgence I can have.
I still love it.
Music and guitars are my addictions.
Luckily, there’s lots of junkies like me.

bluesfordan

Friend of Leo's
at least CL and even Reverb's search algorithms are light years better than FBMP. I finally got 'permitted' to join, not sure why I'd want to but I got in. Started searching FBMP and good gravy, does their search suck.

I don't 'need' anything, but I want things, like a straight cab to go with my angled cab, extension cabs for my Princeton combos, a beefier bass amp, a CV60 p bass in fiesta red. heaven help me if I start playing with people and somebody wants to sing through a PA. So, yes, I'm always looking too.

Sparky2

Poster Extraordinaire
I am happily married.
Very happily married.
I don't want to meet with or have sex with other women, not at all.

But when a beautiful lady walks by, or a fit older gal shows up to swim where I am doing my cardio laps?
I look.
And I admire beauty in all its forms.

Guitars, women, etc.
The desire never goes away.

Just the impulse to act upon that desire.

I'm gonna shut up now.
:(

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
U might be making sure you’re not missing out on something. Plus it’s just fun to look for some reason

Mouth

Tele-Afflicted
Started searching FBMP and good gravy, does their search suck.

If it was good, you'd feel secure knowing what was on there and maybe leave. Sucking keeps you on their site longer searching.

They have no reason to make it better.

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Here you can see some of the important ways GAS keeps the earth habitable. You would be correct to observe you owe your existence to GAS.

1652055585569.jpeg

mfguitar

Friend of Leo's
Like most, I need nothing but I look every day! Don't forget those independent auction sites:)