1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Hate G&L's website

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Rick-kcmo, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Rick-kcmo

Rick-kcmo TDPRI Member

Hi. I've owned a number of G&L's over the years. I despise the fact that, as far as I can tell, G&L won't even take an email, much less a phone call. I've owned, and bought new 5 of their guitars. Whew, that's over.

I have a cheap one now; a Tribut ASAT. I love it. I know it's ceramic pickups but I have about ten guitars and this does exactly what I want it to at a great price. I also have an Ascari GT-90. Hate it. It's actually a perfectly fine guitar, marginal pickups, but the neck is way too skinny for me. I want a tele style body with P-90 routs (I'll put Fralins in) that has a neck profile and feel like my ASAT. It's a 60 second question if only they gave a rat's ass. Seriously, can anyone here give me an idea of the feel of the Tribute Jr.? Looks to be a tele body, mahogany, with a Tone Pros bridge. Perfect, and I'll put a Bigsby on it. But is it a skinny neck or one like my ASAT I love?!!!

Sorry. Love their stuff, hate their idea of customer service. Any answers would be apprciated. And yes, I've been working on this for over a week and had two single malts tonight, so my apologies. :p

2. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

3. JD0x0

JD0x0 Poster Extraordinaire

4. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's

I'd try the G&L forum. One of the VPs posts there and you may have better luck. I've never tried calling, but have to agree that I've never had an email answered from their main site. I have had questions answered and email responses by going through the GuitarsbyLeo site years ago.

My US ASAT Classic Semi-hollow has a great soft V neck...one of the best I've played. I simply lucked into that guitar.

5. radiomanjh

radiomanjh Tele-Afflicted

Nick is right, its G&L/BBE Sound Inc. I had ordered some pickup covers and realized I made a mistake on the size and called them and they said they would take care of it right away. Not only did they do that they also sent me an email to confirm it. I think their forum is pretty good also.

6. JayJ

JayJ Tele-Afflicted

I have a ASAT Tribute Deluxe; I can tell you the neck is skinnier than common Fender Telecaster necks.

7. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Holic

I called G&L, Emailed G&L, and they got back with me quickly. Even did out of warranty work for me for free. I have zero complaints with the company or their guitars. The forum has some very good people as well.

8. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

Agreed...but I might be biased since I frequent their forums :)

9. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin

+1

www.guitarsbyleo.com

10. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

I recently purchased a new Legacy Tribute that arrived without the allen wrench for the trem bar, or the nylon insert for the trem set screw. I emailed repairs@glguitars.com and received a reply in under an hour, offering to send me the parts. They arrived three business days later (including two set screws, two inserts, the wrench, and some picks). I was quite pleased.

11. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

I've had good luck emailing them as well. Last time, I sent an email late on a Saturday night, hoping for a reply by Tuesday. Woke up Sunday morning to an answer. I can't complain!

12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When I custom-ordered a guitar from G&L they phoned me (via the music store I ordered it from) to verify I really wanted a neck that wide (their #4 with a 1.75" nut). Why yes I did!

13. davewrites

davewrites TDPRI Member

I think if you're interested in US-made G&Ls, there are lots contact options and quick responses. If your query concerns imported Tribute Series specs, you're best to checks forums and online retailers for reviews and comparables.

14. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

Search the GBL discussion for factory contact info.

Have had excellent service ordering replacement parts and swag through the G&L website.

BTW Love my G&L basses.

jaime

15. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Ive gotten outstanding service from G&L. Wish I could say the same about Fender.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.