Has the Nashville delux Tele been Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by TheMicster, May 6, 2021.

1. TheMicster

TheMicster TDPRI Member

Hi, Could someone in the know please confirm if the Nashville Tele has been discontinued. I went into my local music shop the other day looking at Nashville Tele's as I've taken a bit of an interest in this model guitar as a modding platform.
    In speaking to one of the staff they mentioned that the Fender agency here in Australia has closed the option for dealers placing new orders on these models and that this means that they are no longer available and will be discontinued.
    I then called Fender Australia and they confirmed that they have indeed closed the ability to place orders, but would not confirm or deny if these models will be permanently discontinued, they did mention that these guitar are made in batches, not really sure what that means.
    Any info would be welcome.

dkal24 likes this.
  2. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe there will be changed to the range, could be anyone's guess though.

TheMicster likes this.
  3. dlew919

dlew919 Doctor of Teleocity

COVID has hit supply here hard. So there’s that. I’ve heard that gretsch have less than 100 guitars coming to australia. Gibson and fender are giving no guarantees.

TheMicster likes this.
  4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Back when the American Ultras came out in the fall of 2019 Fender's CEO mentioned that they were moving toward products having a 4-year life cycle. If that is the case then the MIM Deluxe series is a year overdue for a makeover since they came out in mid-2016. I suppose Fender could be considering mid-2017 to be the "revised start date" since that is when they switched rosewood fingerboards to Pau Ferro fingerboards on them.

I doubt that they would be simply dropped, but it is time for a revised series that would be announced in early summer. I know that the Summer NAMM show in Nashville is going on as scheduled (but no "public day"; just the 2 days for manufacturers and dealers/distributors) so maybe they are timing the announcement around the show dates of July 15/16.

TheMicster likes this.
  5. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

This is one of those cases where you can do it better yourself. The VN pickups for Telecaster are a little (a lot) dark. There are other choices if you need noiseless. I have N4 Noiseless pickups in my Avatar Telecaster. Combine them with a Stratocaster N4 Noiseless middle pickup and you'll have one that twangs. Wire your five way switch with the neck pickup to the connections normally used for the middle and the middle wired to the neck connections and you'll have the bridge and neck combination that many Telecaster players love. Maybe Fender has a surprise in store at NAMM. Maybe they still won't get it right. It doesn't matter. It's easy to get this one right on your own.

TheMicster likes this.
  6. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

This, never thought of that. I've had a CV50s white blond on order for about 3 months now, all due to the current situation. It's just one of those things I suppose.

TheMicster, dlew919 and Telekarster like this.
  7. TheMicster

TheMicster TDPRI Member

Hey mate do you know if the pickups in these later model Nashville's, 2020 build and on-wards are Generation 4 noiseless?

8. JL_LI

JL_LI Poster Extraordinaire

The most recent Nashville I've played has Vintage Noiseless Telecaster pickups and a Vintage Noiseless Stratocaster middle pickup. They're not my favorite for Telecaster. I have Vintage Noiseless pickups in one of my Strats. The middle doesn't twang but I'm not concerned. I use that Strat more for jazz and vocal accompaniment. I have a FCS '69 Stratocaster with a good bit of sonic overlap with a Telecaster and a middle pickup that twangs. I don't recall when the change occurred but I'm pretty sure that you'll find Tex-Mex pickups in 2015 and earlier Nashville Telecasters. Getting the bridge and neck combination will only require resoldering four wires at the 5 way switch. To me the biggest plus to a Telecaster or Strat is how easy it is to turn something from a really good guitar into one that's perfect for you.

TheMicster likes this.
  9. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

One thing I’ve learned about Fender is if you see a model you want but it isn’t available an my more just wait a few months and they’ll change the color and call it something different.

nathanteal, TheMicster and Boreas like this.
  10. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's

Yep. These days one must exercise great patience on all things ;)

TheMicster and Fendereedo like this.
  11. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

12. Boreas

Boreas Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I think Fender believes in the adage "absence makes the heart grow Fender". Look at the Mustang and others in the offset line. Never is a very long time.

Mike M, TheMicster and Fendereedo like this.
  13. TheMicster

TheMicster TDPRI Member

Does anyone know if the pickups in the 2020 and on-wards Nashville are generation 4 noiseless or generation 3 etc. I understand they are vintage but my understanding is there is a few evolution's of them with the latest being quite excellent.

14. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Oh Lord, give me the ability to be patient, give it me NOW!

Telekarster likes this.
  15. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

16. Telekarster

Telekarster Friend of Leo's

Amen to that brother! LOL!!! :lol::lol::lol:

17. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

The pickups in the Deluxe Nashville are the generation 1 Vintage Noiseless models; Fender started using them when the current model came out in mid-2016. Unless there is some FSR out there Fender has not used any of the later generation noiseless pickups on MIM models.

18. TheMicster

TheMicster TDPRI Member

Cheers Mate, thanks for your answer.

19. BrokenTele

BrokenTele TDPRI Member

I can confirm that this current iteration of the Nashville Telecaster has been discontinued. The only batch of Nashville’s currently being shipped are the Fiesta Red models (backlogged since January) as those orders were placed before the production window for this model was closed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.