Has keto ruined my relationship with the Tele?

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Glad to hear keto worked out for you! It didn't do a dang thing for me :confused: Maybe trying wearing a little thicker shirt or something? Good problem to have IMO ;)

ritten70

Tele-Meister
One of the things we’ve done for clients on the slimmer side that don’t want a tummy cut is route the back edge to a 3/8” or 1/2” round over vs the standard 1/8” or 1/4”. Just that little bit seems to help out and is not really noticeable at all.

Paul

Preacher

Poster Extraordinaire
Tele Player

upload_2021-11-24_10-16-15.jpeg

Strat Player

upload_2021-11-24_10-29-19.jpeg

Si G X

Tele-Afflicted
"No money above the 5th fret" anyway, right...?

church_of_misery235_889922.jpg

.. as opposed to this then? :

pah-57926603.jpg

lol, Mark King... that's someone I've not thought about for a long time. :)

when you are getting buckle rash on the lower horn it's too high!!

golfnut

Friend of Leo's
Lower, Lower!!

A guitar shouldn't be anywhere near your ribs. :D

I agree. I think it looks better lower, under the ribs but I've tried it in the past and always go back to higher. Its just at the ribs and honestly wouldn't be all that much lower to get under the ribs. I'll play around with it and see if I can get used to playing with it a little lower.

golfnut

Friend of Leo's
Congratulations on the weight loss. I think you should get yourself a new Stratocaster as both a reward and as a medical necessity.

I've tried many times to bond with strats and have owned some beautiful examples in the past. I could never bond with them. My next guitar will be a Les Paul standard 50's. I've owned a couple LP's in the past including an R7 but for one reason or another sold them. I do connect better with an LP than I do with a strat.

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
So last march I went on the keto diet and went from 205 pounds (5'7" height) to a very slim 147 pounds. I've been quite overweight most of my adult life and never had issues with tele comfort. Now the body seems to cause a bit of pain against my ribs. Its not a huge problem but I have to be more mindful of where the body rests now. I've never liked how the contoured tele bodies looked so hope I don't have to go there. I could hang it a little lower but I'm sure it won't be comfortable for the angle of my hands that way. Anyone have any other suggestions how to make this more comfortable?
Sand in a contour? Get a new guitar body with same to fit your new human body?

Chicken Curry

Tele-Meister
Have you tried a lighter Tele? I've two and the lighter one digs into my body less, I hardly feel it. The heavier one I feel a little.

Telecaster88

Tele-Afflicted
Mine doesn’t have a tummy cut or an arm bevel, but sometimes I wish it did, or I know if I got one that did have those things it’d immediately become my #1.

hardtail strat body with tele pickup routes and a tele neck.

My problem isn't so much the ribs pain, although that's real if you're skinny, but I damaged the nerve in my strumming arm six months ago, and the pain from resting my forearm on the edge of the Tele body has been hard to cope with. After considering everything from sanding my Tele to building a Tele with contours, I recently tracked down one of Fender's Whiteguard Strats... It's a Tele neck and hardware on a Strat body. There you go.