1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Has anyone put a Warmoth pickguard on an MIJ Tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by chipbutty24, Nov 18, 2013.

1. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Has anyone put a Warmoth pickguard on an MIJ Tele? What was your experience as far as fit goes? Thanks in advance.

2. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

I have never tried it, but Warmoth does offer a pdf of their pickguard that you can download, print out and test fit to your guitar. Might be worth a shot.

3. Satchmo

Satchmo Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I haven't tried a Warmoth but I've used pickguards from MIJ Guitars. They're a Japanese company so all of their guards are cut specifically to fit MIJ/CIJ Fenders. They fit great. The horns on Japanese Teles are slightly different than the ones on American or MIM Teles. I would assume that Warmoth cuts their guards to fit US or MIM Teles unless they specify ones that are for MIJ models.

You can get their products at Amazon. They also sell their pickguards on eBay.

4. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Awesome! I'll check it out. Thanks.

5. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

I hear you and agree, but this is what Warmoth says on their website...

"Note:These pickguards fit American and most Japanese Tele®. Will not fit Fender Nashville Tele®, Hot Rod 52 Tele®, Black Top Tele®, or Valley Arts Brent Mason® model. There are many Tele® clones. Proceed With Caution!"

I am certainly skeptical though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.