Has anyone played a Sire Tele?

howlin

Tele-Afflicted
LC T7.jpg

I like the electro socket jack & the option to top-load the strings [it may not show up that well in this photo but it does where I copied it from ;-) ] + plus compensated saddles. Looks like a winner to me! :D

SGD74

TDPRI Member
Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet? I’m from the UK and Andertons seem the only shop that are getting these in stock at the moment (due 12th November). Looks like these are in other countries maybe in limited numbers.

I have a Sire S7 which is amazing. Even thought I have an AM Pro II, Performer, Player Plus, Deluxe, etc, the S7 is my favourite. Neck and pickups are the best.

Given that I have both strats and teles and the quality of the S7, I’d really like to buy a T7. The fiesta red one is the one I’d go for.

Antoneguit

NEW MEMBER!
Hi,
Can any one tell me if the size of the sire S7 pickguard is a standard fender pickguard size and thus can be replaced easily.
Tks a lot

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I'm a long time happy Sire customer from the bass world, I have 5 now and a 6th on order. I haven't delved into Sire Guitars yet, but I expect I will soon. I'm hoping to see a review of the Sire T7 FM somewhere, I haven't seen any yet - that's the "Super-Tele" with the humbuckers - I'm hoping they're coil splittable??

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Hi,
Can any one tell me if the size of the sire S7 pickguard is a standard fender pickguard size and thus can be replaced easily.
Tks a lot
If the guitars are like the basses - no, they're close in shape but screw hole placement slightly differ, probably for trademark reasons or some such?

FollowMyHead

TDPRI Member
I'm tempted to pre-order from Sweetwater and hope for the best. I'm not a huge fan of super shiny guitars and some of the videos I've seen recently make the guitar look super........wet. Neck looks super comfortable (aside from the wetness). Price seems more than fair given the specs. Maybe they'll offer something with a vintage feel/look later down the road if they can build some decent traction in sales.

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I'm dying to hear a review of the split coil positions on the 5 way switch on the 2 humbucker T7 FM version - hoping they nail the single coil Tele sounds?

JDRNoPro

Friend of Leo's
Had not heard of these before. They look pretty nice, but wondering why one would consider these over a Classic Vibe Tele, which are over $100 less and are generally well - regarded, fully compatible with Fender parts, and hold value well. Not being critical or sarcastic - just curious........

skydog6653

Tele-Meister
Had not heard of these before. They look pretty nice, but wondering why one would consider these over a Classic Vibe Tele, which are over $100 less and are generally well - regarded, fully compatible with Fender parts, and hold value well. Not being critical or sarcastic - just curious........
If you compare the specs, it’s a no-brainer. Alder vs. pine, roasted maple vs. maple, rolled fingerboard edges, etc.. I’m betting if you had the opportunity to play them both side by side, you’d gladly fork over the extra $100. I’ve never been a proponent of ‘Fenderizing’ a Squier; I’d sooner just get a MIM to begin with and leave it stock.

bholder

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I'm a long time happy Sire customer from the bass world, I have 5 now and a 6th on order. I haven't delved into Sire Guitars yet, but I expect I will soon. I'm hoping to see a review of the Sire T7 FM somewhere, I haven't seen any yet - that's the "Super-Tele" with the humbuckers - I'm hoping they're coil splittable??
To answer my own question - yeah, it has a 5 way switch - 1, 3, and 5 are the usual humbucker choices, 2&4 are split coils - 2 is "inner" split neck and bridge, 4 is "outer" coil on bridge only (just like a tele, but what's the sound like?)

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire

I would consider this because I suspect the quality and sound will be much better for a player than a squier cv. If that's not so, then I'd stop considering it. I've already ruled out a squier cv for my purposes.

JDRNoPro

Friend of Leo's
If you compare the specs, it’s a no-brainer. Alder vs. pine, roasted maple vs. maple, rolled fingerboard edges, etc.. I’m betting if you had the opportunity to play them both side by side, you’d gladly fork over the extra $100. I’ve never been a proponent of ‘Fenderizing’ a Squier; I’d sooner just get a MIM to begin with and leave it stock.

Maybe not your intent, but your comments sound kinda anti - Squier and a bit defensive of Sire. As stated, I simply hadn't heard of Sire and pricewise seemed like CV's were similar.

As far as "comparing specs/no brainer" - I don't come to that conclusion at all..... I have 3 Custom shop Fenders, 6 AVRI Fenders, 7 American Standard Fenders, some Tele clones.........and these 3 early production CV Teles:

CV 50s blonde - lightweight pine body (like the earliest Fenders), amazing quartersawn neck

CV Custom - gorgeous 3TS beautifully grained double bound alder body

CV Thinline - incredibly resonant real mahogany (not sapele) body, wonderful neck

Fretwork on all 3 of these is absolutely perfect - these may have been plekked IIRC (likewise on my CV60 strat). Great pickups and playability. Flawless build quality. More stable than many others in my collection. Great guitars that happen to cost a lot less than most of my others.

Not sure why you "would bet I would gladly fork over the extra $100" if I "had the opportunity to play them both side by side". I assume by the title of your thread and initial post that you have never played a Sire.

"Fenderizing' a Squier ?? - I'm not a proponent of that either nor did I advocate that.....Someone else asked if a Fender pickguard would fit the Sire. I simply mentioned that Fender parts like PGs are a direct fit on Squiers. I know from experience that usually is not the case with clones.

My point is that the name on the headstock nor selling price or specsheets are guarantees of good or bad guitars. Neither is speculation of others on the internet. The only way to truly tell is to actually try them. Not saying CVs are better than Sire......nor assuming they are worse........

Having said that, I realize it is often not possible to try a particular guitar without ordering one. Going back to my original comments, I am not familiar with the Sire brand. I may just order one to satisfy my curiousity and find out firsthand. We like what we like and good to have choices:).

Good luck if you decide to get one!