Has anyone here met a famous person ?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by highwayman, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highwayman

highwayman Former Member

Or have any famous friends? If so what was your experience? I ran into James Taylor in a grocery store in the produce section. He had a hat on and I did a double take when he was checking out the apples.So I said "you're James Taylor !" Like a dumbass. He said yes I am.. I didn't bother him. I also met Elliot Easton once as diid my friend last summer. He said he was in our town recording and he didn't know who he was until after he bummed a smoke off him outside the studio he was recording.

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

ive run into a local personality or two...but no one famous enough to be known by the masses

3. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    Yup.

Lots of them.

They are pretty much just like non-famous people.

;)

4. jonrpick

jonrpick Friend of Leo's

Met Ray Charles after one of his gigs. I know his drummer from the late 70's through his death.

Diamond Dallas Page (The Pro Wrestler) is besties with my ex-singer. They co-developed his "DDP Yoga" program. DDP popped into our band practices a few times.

I ate 2 tables away from Kenny Rogers at Longhorn once. :D

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yeah, I have.

And they don't recognize me at first and then they say, "Hey, Bubbanov!!"

"How's Moose und Sqvirrel?"

"And Natasha?"

Then I have to tell them we disbanded; we're not together anymore. And they kindly apologize for invading my space and I say it is quite all right.

:^)

6. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

A good friend of mine found himself side by side with Greg Louganis in the men's room of Border's Books.

7. Pickin N Grinin

Pickin N Grinin Tele-Meister

Back around 1981 I was in LAX and spotted Joe Lynn Turner (one of the singers from Rainbow) standing in an out of the way area. I felt funny walking up to him so I pointed him out to my then 11 year old sister. She ran right over and talked to him for 10 minutes or so and said he was a cool guy.

I personally got to meet BB King once back stage in 2004. He was nice but kinda seemed to be going through the motions. Can't blame him, I think he was like 80 even back then. The thing I remember most is he had some big mitts, LOL.

8. urizen

urizen Tele-Afflicted

Yup. The experiences were generally unremarkable and low key. They seem to like having it that way (except George Kennedy, who seemed to think I should've been more excited to meet him---it was a sort of studio meet and greet soiree, I asked him if he knw if there was a coat hanger around the joint that I could borrow because i'd locked my keys in my car).

9. GeoB

GeoB Tele-Holic

And I had a chat with Carlos Cavazo from Quiet Riot at a beach bar on Guam. I was gigging at the bar - classical jazz stuff. Quiet Riot had played the night before at Pescador's (I think). Anyway, super nice dude, sent me over an Ice Tea.

Had a chat with Charlie Byrd after a gig in Annapolis, good guy.

I met Bela Fleck in the mens room at the Atlanta Airport. I was gonna shake his hand but he just took a leak.

And I used to see Duvall in and around Manassas a couple of times. Gave the what's up head nod and he thumbed up. I heard he was a nice guy.

Oh... and I saw Potsy at LAX walkin' by and lookin' at me like I was supposed to say something. I was just back from Australia and was bone tired.

Met Dave Draper a couple of time. Regular dude. As nice as they come.

And I had a chat with some of the Nighthawks at the Tokyo airport. They were tired and just finished up some work in Japan, they looked like they had a few Suntory's too many.

Oh and I was standing in line a McDonalds in Hatteras behind the biggest dude I have ever seen. A total monster. I sez to my girl, check out the size of this dude, he's a total monster. The guy orders and turns around with a grocery bag of food and it's Dave Butz. I cannot imagine how anyone survives a hit from a NFL defensive lineman. Monster.

10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

did george give you a nickname?

11. bun malaey

bun malaey Tele-Afflicted

Yep, know, am friends with, and have family that's famous.

They are just like non famous people.

12. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Odd that you would post this today .
    I met Jimi Hendrix last night in a dream .

13. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I met quite a few well-known musicians at the winter NAMM shows I attended in the early nineties. Some were really cool, a few of them were not so much.

14. jsal362

jsal362 Tele-Holic

Had dinner with Jerry Garcia, once.

15. Brett Fuzz

Brett Fuzz Tele-Holic

I met Hank Marvin and got his autograph. The Shadows were staying at a hotel we were having dinner at.

Sadly I was only a little kid at the time so I don't recall much and my mum lost or threw that autograph out before I was old enough to get my hands on it. :(

16. ROADMAN

ROADMAN Poster Extraordinaire

I find it so strange that people treat other people so differently because they have achieved notoriety ....they are just people like all of us , some have more talent some have stinky feet, some hate being bugged ,some love the attention but more than anything most "famous" people I've met just want to be treated the same we all would like to be...I played golf with Meatloaf...he sucked at golf but was a normal person otherwise...

17. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Does infamous count? Jim and Marcy Jones came to our house several times for dinner, when I was in high school.

18. Greentones

Greentones Tele-Meister

He should probably get himself tested....

19. rdo1708

rdo1708 Tele-Holic

Met Clay Matthews in downtown milwaukee on a Saturday night before a Sunday noon game. He was an alright guy. Spent a few minutes talking. He's a lot bigger in person.

20. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Steven Curtis Chapman is probably the most famous person I've met. I was shocked when he knew my name before I could get it out, and then I realized I was wearing a name tag. Other than that....Phillip LaRue (The Rival...think iPhone 5 launch music), Daniel Ornellas (Tree63 bassist)....there may be others in the near future depending on how things go.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.