Has anyone heard or bought one of the NEW Fender Cunife Wide Range Humbuckers?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I mean heard as in with your own ears out of a Telecaster live through a decent amp, maybe even played a Tele equipped with them. I've listened on YouTube, but I'm not sure you can really go by anything you hear on there. I also wonder if the new one sounds anything like the original. Any thoughts? They are a very good buy when you consider what they are asking for originals at $200 bucks a piece directly from Fender. I have been thinking of getting one for my AV 72 Tele Custom, but have spent money so many times only to be disappointed, I am sitting on the fence until I know more about them. Any thoughts? My Tele has the so called re-voiced WRHB in the neck position, and sounds okay, nothing stellar, but IMO better than any of the regular Tele neck pickups I've had. The middle position can be adjusted to sound really good.

2. Piotr

Piotr Tele-Afflicted

@Toto'sDad, we've had quite a few topics on the forum about the new WRHBs recently. If you try searching, a lot of information should pop up.

Toto'sDad and radiocaster like this.
  3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Thanks Piotr! I did run a search, but I was being too specific. When I just typed in Wide Range Humbucker, I got several pages of posts. Thanks again.

Piotr likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.