Has anyone every noticed Strat/Tele neck alignment problems?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by BleedTheBlues, Oct 19, 2010.

1. candybluecrook

candybluecrook Tele-Afflicted

I bought an 09 american standard last year, did the whole set up, and replaced the stock pups with voodoo st-60 black calibrated set. The neck doesn't have an alignment issue, b ut it has developed an odd hump on the low string side from the 7th fret to the 3rd fret. Rosewood fingerboard, so now I'm having the neck reworked by a luthier to fix the issue, I had just really started to become "friends" with the guitar too. Finally got it tweaked and got the setup dialed in for me, I am very very picky about my guitars, and I like them to play a certain way. So now it's back to the drawing board. But now that I've actually put in some playing and practice time with the guitar, I'm sure I'll get it back to my liking very soon. Probably about a week, see it sat hardly touched till about a couple of months ago, then I started playing it regularly. What can I say? I like my paul, but there are occasions where only a strat and that trademark sound will do

2. tritonwolf

tritonwolf TDPRI Member

I have recently bought a 58 AVRI reissue that had a even more serious issue: The high E-string was almost off the fretboard. At first I thought that the bridge was not properly aligned, but that was not the case. The neck was out of place and the old trick of loosening the screws, pushing the neck into the correct position and securing the screws again worked miracles.
    Cheers, Tritonwolf

3. beagle

beagle Friend of Leo's

Nine year old thread...

4. tritonwolf

tritonwolf TDPRI Member

Here are some before / after pics from that guitar CIMG3742.JPG CIMG3760.JPG CIMG3760.JPG

5. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

somewhere over a rainbow (Ex-L.A. resident)
    tritonwolf likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.