Has anyone ever used a Tremol-no?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Walker, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Walker

Walker Tele-Afflicted

I was thinking of blocking off the tremolo on my PRS Standard 24 when someone showed me something I’d never heard of called the Tremol-no. It locks the tremolo, but it has screws that you can adjust if you want to use the trem.

Has anyone ever used one? Does the trem cavity cover fit back on?

http://www.tremol-no.com/

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yup.
    Have em' on two guitars.
    A US Standard Strat and a Cort Hiram Bullock.
    It allows the trem to float, dive only, or be blocked.
    Brilliant, easy to install, there's a great YouTube video.
    They are like $65-$75.
    They work great, takes 20 minutes to install.
    You have to knock a hole in the trem cover, or leave it off.
    Get one.

3. AJBaker

AJBaker Friend of Leo's

4. Walker

Walker Tele-Afflicted

Those look to be for keeping the guitar in tune. The PRS Trem has to be the best I ever used as far as that's concerned, that thing never goes out of tune.

I'm looking for something to block off the trem to make changing to Drop-D or alternate tunings easier.

5. cnote

cnote Former Member

I had the Hipshot Tremsetter in a couple of guitars. They make your tremolo feel stiffer with a definite center, sort of like a soft edged notch at center. It can be set stiff enough to deal with a busted string with nothing else going out of tune. Works great and once it's set up properly, the thing just works.

6. bigmuff113

bigmuff113 Friend of Leo's

I haven't tried putting the cover on but it keeps me in tune and adds sustain

7. TB72

TB72 Tele-Holic

I was very pleased when I installed a Tremol-no on a strat. It works as advertised. I'm gradually putting them on all my guitars that have the Fender/Floyd/PRS-style trems.

Once you get it set up properly, the trem action is no different than if the device wasn't there. I wouldn't compare it to the tremsetter...they don't really do the same thing. The Tremsetter helps to return your trem to the zero position, and cuts down on that "flutter" that you can get when you flick the bar vigorously. It doesn't block the trem or allow it to be dive-only. It can be set up to allow you to do oblique bends (bending one string while keeping one or more others stationary), but that does change the feel of the trem.

The Tremol-no gives you a lot of options where otherwise, you'd need at least two guitars. For example, full-floating trem for one song...drop D for the next without switching instruments (or taking several minutes to retune).

Later...

8. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Tele-Afflicted

The inventor is/was an admin at Project Guitar. The T-NO was still in development and patent process when I started hanging on that forum years ago. Several of the members were used as guinea pigs. From their reviews it works exactly as advertised. When it was ready he licensed the patent to Allparts for production and sale.

If the video is still around, check out the one with Rob Balducci where he locks the T-NO and cuts a string. The guitar stays in tune.

9. flyingbanana

flyingbanana Poster Extraordinaire

I tried it out, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.