Has anyone ever heard of or tried Pfs Hexbuckers?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by TrickedByTheGodz, Jul 2, 2020.

1. TrickedByTheGodz

TrickedByTheGodz TDPRI Member

Parts Unknown, which is near Minneapolis.
    I purchased a guitar online the other day. The ad said the pickups were upgraded to Super D clone pickups.

I contacted the seller about the missing poker chip and pick guard, when he responded, he mentioned that the upgraded pickups were older Pfs Hexbuckers...not Super D clone pickups.

Has anybody ever heard of these Pfs Hexbucker pickup or had them in a guitar before? I feel that this so-called upgrade isn't going to be much of an upgrade, and feel I may have been mislead on the type of pickups the guitar had in it.

2. hamerfan

hamerfan Tele-Meister

Do you talk about GFS Guitarfetish Hot hex buckers?

3-Chord-Genius likes this.
  3. TrickedByTheGodz

Yes...every day. I'm kidding of course. I was just asking, I wanted to know if anybody has heard of them or better yet had them in a guitar at some point. Gfs couldn't find anything about them in their system, so they must be pretty old. I'm just going to assume that they are a copy of the old 70's super distortion pickups.

4. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Meister

GFS was selling these as OEM pickups for a while, assuming thats what you're talking about. I put them in my cheap Jackson thinking they'd be an improvement over the stock pickups, which they were but I still didn't love them.

5. TrickedByTheGodz

Thanks for your response! Yeah, that is what the rep at Pfs told me. All they had for anything like the older hexbuckers was a bunch of leftover pickups from a deal that didn't happen. One of the reasons why I bought the guitar was because of the "upgade" of the pickups. They too probably aren't much of an upgrade. Oh well, just going to have to replace them eventually.

6. mikestearns

mikestearns Tele-Meister

For the Jackson I bought those for I ended up using Bootstrap Sweet Serranos. They were still pretty cheap and sound great.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.