1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Has anyone else tried the GFS rails?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by drmordo, Sep 21, 2020.

1. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Holic

I need to try Artecs, but I've read mixed reviews about pickups being assembled wrong so I've been a bit hesitant.

The main reason I change pickups now is because they have gotten so cheap! For $60 (or less) I can try a set of PUs and even if I hate them, the amount of money is small enough that I don't mind. I've bought a few sets of GFS and so far I've been impressed with almost all of them. In fact, I'm so impressed that I can't decide which pickups to run sometimes!

Jlwctn and 3-Chord-Genius like this.
  2. Jlwctn

Jlwctn Tele-Meister

I have had Guitar Madness tele rails in a couple different guitars, including my current Thinline. I have had the 15k AlnicoV, and currently the 7.5k AlnicoV, which I prefer, because it has more of a clean, bright sound.
    However, I think I'm ready for a change, and that pickup is going to be coming out.

3. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Don't forget that Peavey made a nicer version of this guitar called the Reactor AX that came originally with rail pickups. A much higher end guitar than my humble self-modded one. Here's a link to this one, I have no connection.
    https://reverb.com/item/33223406-pe...MItLO0vYb-6wIVlorICh2cdQFWEAYYASABEgIlLfD_BwE

[​IMG]

3-Chord-Genius likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.