Has anyone else tried the GFS rails?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by drmordo, Sep 21, 2020.

1. drmordo

drmordo Tele-Afflicted

I need to try Artecs, but I've read mixed reviews about pickups being assembled wrong so I've been a bit hesitant.

The main reason I change pickups now is because they have gotten so cheap! For $60 (or less) I can try a set of PUs and even if I hate them, the amount of money is small enough that I don't mind. I've bought a few sets of GFS and so far I've been impressed with almost all of them. In fact, I'm so impressed that I can't decide which pickups to run sometimes!

Jlwctn and 3-Chord-Genius like this.
  2. Jlwctn

Jlwctn Tele-Meister

I have had Guitar Madness tele rails in a couple different guitars, including my current Thinline. I have had the 15k AlnicoV, and currently the 7.5k AlnicoV, which I prefer, because it has more of a clean, bright sound.
    However, I think I'm ready for a change, and that pickup is going to be coming out.

3. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Afflicted

Don't forget that Peavey made a nicer version of this guitar called the Reactor AX that came originally with rail pickups. A much higher end guitar than my humble self-modded one. Here's a link to this one, I have no connection.
    https://reverb.com/item/33223406-pe...MItLO0vYb-6wIVlorICh2cdQFWEAYYASABEgIlLfD_BwE

[​IMG]

3-Chord-Genius likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.