Has anyone bought a new Classic Vibe Tele ?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by crazyhorse, Apr 21, 2021.

1. domdavid

domdavid TDPRI Member

20191014_080058.jpg
    Here's mine 2009 Vintage white blonde. The grain is more evident in person and is more yellowis too.

Fendereedo, FortyEight and bls82261 like this.
  2. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

I just bought that bass in my Avatar from Daves 2 weeks ago. Or 3. I didn't take a picture of the back wall but I sort of walked back there and looked for a minute and noticed, that holy crap a lot of them were custom shop. I don't exactly know how many but I looked at how much one of them cost and saw the custom shop tag and the next one was the same. So I stopped looking at the tags after that cuz it hurts to see those prices. LOL. My bass was 400 dollars. For reference. Classic Vibe 70's Jazz, new.

Metal Flake paint jobs seemed to be the theme there. (I should specify that back wall was 6 string guitars, which is what I was referring to. They really didn't have that many basses) I'm guessing they spec out custom shop guitars for their shop... Kinda like Chicago Music Exchange. It did look to me a little bit like they were copying them. LOL. Although I've never been there. I just follow CME on instagram.

Both of the dudes there were really nice and helpful. Ben and I think Phil was the Techs name. I would receommend that place. They did have classic vibe so it seemed like they were also catering to the lower budget people. But I mean it was really posh and lots of high dollar stuff so...... They didn't have any affinity or bullet level stuff. So I took that to mean like they weren't playin that game. But on Dave's website they do so I think other locations carry them.

3. ToneM1

ToneM1 TDPRI Member

I bought one of the Squire Classic Vibe 50s Tele; Pine body, maple neck. I was basically stunned at how well made it is and the quality of the workmanship. I bought it from Jessica @ Music Zoo who’s always been great to work with! What’s funny is that I remember when an American made Tele listed, with case for what these go for.. oh well.. but a bargain as the build quality is pretty damn good! If anyone complains about these being finished with poly, then just think back to the late Sixties and 70’s when Fender touted their “Thick Skin” finishes. I know I had a ‘79 Strat that was finished with the Antigua finish. Both neck and body were finished in polyurethane and the guitar weighed 11 lbs..
    I ended up scraping the finish off the neck and stripping and refinishing the body. Under the top coat of finish was a layer of fiberglass ()! anyway, that was 1981 and it was the only Strat for sale anywhere in town..
    I did replace the bridge pickup with a ThroBak T-59 and installed a 4-way switch and a set of brass intonatable saddles! I have some of the VIP pots coming as well.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  4. cactusrob

cactusrob Friend of Leo's

Not to sidetrack the thread but the Classic Vibe Esquire looks interesting!

5. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Tele-Afflicted

I bought mine for $275 a few weeks ago. Barely used, it had a small chip in the finish on the back edge. Otherwise undamaged. The plastic was still on the pick guard. Neck angle needs adjustment and the pickups are not my favorite.
    I may put on a rosewood fretboard and new pickups.

6. StratDal

StratDal Tele-Afflicted

Nice price! Good for you. Make the changes you suggested along with some luthier love and you'll have a fun guitar to play. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.