1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

has any one tried austin or tradition tele copy

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by sdlotus, Mar 11, 2004.

1. sdlotus

sdlotus TDPRI Member

:rolleyes: does anyone out there own or have played either an austin or tradition tele copy. What do you think. I can get an austin for $149.00 the tradition $259.00 Am i wasting my time? :cry:

2. rusticman

rusticman Tele-Meister

squier

why not try a squier? they are in the same pricerange and have more fender "vibe".

3. Brad

Brad Tele-Afflicted

I've tried out a few Austins in a local shop, but not the Traditions. The Austin was a nice cream ( blond ) color. Not sure of the wood, ( probably plywood cause it was heavy one! ) but the finish looked pretty good. I did not plug it in, so I can't give you any opinion on the tone of the pups. The action was a bit high and the fret work was not the best, but it actually played pretty darn good for the $$. Check out the Nelsoics and the Agiles from Rondo music. I have not tried them, but there are many good reviews on em for cheap tele clone. One low price one I did like was a Schecter tele copy. A local store had a "reps" sample one for $159.00. If I did not already have too many guitars, I would have bought it on the spot. Several cut's above most of the low priced tele clones out there. Good luck. I hope you find one that does it for ya in that price range .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.