Harpy Eagle

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
This started out to be a post in the random photo thread, and then concentration wandered went on a merry chase and ended up here.
The harpy eagle (Harpia harpyja) is a neotropical species of eagle. It is also called the American harpy eagle to distinguish it from the Papuan eagle, which is sometimes known as the New Guinea harpy eagle or Papuan harpy eagle.[5] It is the largest and most powerful raptor found throughout its range,[6] and among the largest extant species of eagles in the world. It usually inhabits tropical lowland rainforests in the upper (emergent) canopy layer. Destruction of its natural habitat has caused it to vanish from many parts of its former range, and it is nearly extirpated from much of Central America. In Brazil, the harpy eagle is also known as royal-hawk (in Portuguese: gavião-real).[7] The genus Harpia, together with Harpyopsis and Morphnus, form the subfamily Harpiinae.
420x420_Daniel-Garcia_optimized.jpg
41598_2021_92372_Fig1_HTML.jpg
download.jpg
images (1).jpg
Largest-Eagles-in-the-World_-Harpy-Eagle.jpg

SuprHtr

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
We have bald eagles here but I haven't seen too many. I have seen an osprey when out paddling at it was uncomfortable...
osprey-tombigbee-river-alabama-ospreys-also-known-as-fish-hawks-frequent-freshwater-brackish-s...jpg

schmee

Telefied
Silver Supporter
This started out to be a post in the random photo thread, and then concentration wandered went on a merry chase and ended up here.
The harpy eagle (Harpia harpyja) is a neotropical species of eagle. It is also called the American harpy eagle to distinguish it from the Papuan eagle, which is sometimes known as the New Guinea harpy eagle or Papuan harpy eagle.[5] It is the largest and most powerful raptor found throughout its range,[6] and among the largest extant species of eagles in the world. It usually inhabits tropical lowland rainforests in the upper (emergent) canopy layer. Destruction of its natural habitat has caused it to vanish from many parts of its former range, and it is nearly extirpated from much of Central America. In Brazil, the harpy eagle is also known as royal-hawk (in Portuguese: gavião-real).[7] The genus Harpia, together with Harpyopsis and Morphnus, form the subfamily Harpiinae.

I saw a pic of an eagle like that but with a dog instead of a monkey, a Terrier, the other day. Carrying it in the same way. It's a cruel world for sure. :cry:
Fawn deer remains in Golden/Bald Eagle nests are not uncommon at all in the West US. So we're talking medium sized dogs also I suppose.
hey, they're Dinosaurs ya know.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Yes! And my self-esteem…
Woaw! Woaw! She went for your self esteem? That's outrageous, completely beyond the bounds of fair play. Oh that's really low reptile low, Can I have her phone number?
Please.
My life coach want's me to get out into life and experience and witness really severe circumstances so that I'll learn to be more assertive, more balanced, more manly and really know what suck it up means, and so that I'll renew our signed contract for another year of my paying her to treat me like a wimp with not spine.

Whitches.jpg