Harmony reissues “classics” ?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Fretting out, Jul 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Holic

No one wants them. Silvertone by Samick made 3 No one wants them. Harmony tried 3 times to make a come back no one wants them. Jay Turser remakes 2 of them. Not popular. Eastwoods are not great either.:(

A guitar player at a cork sniffing page said everyone loved them and the orginials. Really? I do but sadly most do not. And did not want or like the gold foils. I think the orginals with a proper set up are great and as good as any expensice. Sadly most do not. And never knew what a set up was in the 1960's? :confused:

Fretting out likes this.
  2. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

SwampYankee in post 16 was correct - there was a (another) recent attempt to resurrect the Harmony brand... they did try to get a 'Vibe' feel to them, although I did notice that their 'Jupiter' was not a short scale like the original - like this one, in fact - which is mine. A 1960 Stratotone Jupiter H49 hollowbody.

H49 1960.jpg

uriah1 likes this.
  3. Rev Rhythm

Rev Rhythm Tele-Meister

My first guitar was a Harmony model H80 or something like that. If I come across one just like it for under a hundred bucks I'm interested, for nostalgia. Buying new just doesn't have any interest for me.

Fretting out likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.