1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Harmony-Central history being made and no one left in Guitar Jam to see!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Brian Krashpad, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Tele-Afflicted

So, I don't know if any of you have ever posted on "H-C," but it's become the familiar sad internet story of a hugely successful forum site that the folks in charge made huge changes to, and many of the forums there (including "Guitar Jam," which was banished to an "off-topic" section which you now have to request permission to access) have become ghost towns as a result.

Anyhow, like a decade ago I briefly met Davey Tiltwheel, who posts (or postED) at Harmony-Central as "Fling The Poo" or some such, at a gig his band Tiltwheel was playing here in Gainesville. Tiltwheel is or was a bicoastal band, operating both out of San Diego, CA, and Tampa, FL. I'm not sure whether Crash Pad was on the bill with Tiltwheel or whether I just happened to have gone to the show.

I'm pretty sure Tiltwheel or one of Davey's other/subsequent bands played a show here in Gainesville that I also went to, a few years after that first brief meeting, but I don't think I got a chance to talk to Davey, because after their set he went out to their van and passed out.

Because Davey is a LOT more punk rock than I am.

Anyhow, this week is THE FEST here in Gainesville. But Crash Pad isn't big enough to get an official Fest gig. However, we are playing on the last day of Fest (tomorrow, Sunday), at a Fest venue (it's Official shows that are/were part of the Fest are tonight and last night), free show, outdoors, so it should be fun because it's right downtown and there should be a ton of punk rockers there.

Due to a booking snafu, Crash Pad originally was supposed to open at high noon, but fortunately we just got bumped up to the middle of the bill. We'll be playing right NEXT to...

wait fer it...

Davey Tiltwheel!

[​IMG]

What are the odds of that? In addition to Davey this is a KILLER bill, especially the uncredited headliners, who are a legendary local band that most people into teh punk rock will have heard of.

So, I'm stoked.

See ya.

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Good luck and have fun!

3. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Looks like a real good time, who's the mystery band? Sewer Zombies or Disorderly Conduct are some legendary Florida bands I remember.

4. Muddslide

Muddslide Friend of Leo's

Yeah, I actually really miss that place. Made a lot of internet friends there and no way to track 'em down.

Glad to see you here though, Brian! Any other musician's forums you might recommend? (not that I don't love TDPRI.)

Hope you kill it at the gig like I know you will.

5. Brian Krashpad

Thanks. There are batches of cool muso's forums, of course. One where a lot of H-C people went is the forums at Mark Wein's Guitar Lessons. Just google that and it should come up. I also like thefret.net (it rhymes!) as a general guitarists' forum. Good folks at both places. There's also thegearpage.net though I don't go there as often, it seems to cater a smidge more to boutique-minded players.

Lastly, if you're on facebook there's a closed group called The Old HCEG Gang that has ninety-some of the Electric Guitars forum's peeps from H-C, it's here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/657484180932054/

You may have to request permission to join but of course if so it'll be granted. Good to read you.

6. Brian Krashpad

I'm not allowed to say on the net. It's a Gainesville band that started in the '90's during the "pastacore" days. They've had a book written abut them. Or maybe they wrote the book about them. But either way there's a book about them.

;)

7. tmesweeney

tmesweeney TDPRI Member

I miss Guitar Jam! Good to know you're still playing, Brian. It's exactly this kind of thing I miss.

8. Brian Krashpad

[​IMG]

Cheers! We had a good time, even though it was an "unofficial" show it sure felt like we played The Fest. ;)

[​IMG]

This is Davey Tiltwheel and myself:

[​IMG]

A whack gif that Google+ made without me asking it to!

[​IMG]

The usual sillness:

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.