Harmless little critter

peteycaster

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
We get them here all the time and they still scare the carp outa me. Arachnophobia isn't fun! And I full well know they are harmless. My wife catches them on the end of a broom and puts them outside.

Skub

Poster Extraordinaire
Huntsmans are basically harmless. They can bite, but rarely do and the effects are negligible.

As far as other creepy crawlies, I've seen about 3 or 4 Sydney funnel web spiders in my life, similar amount of snakes of varying venom, all of which have been hurrying away in the opposite direction, plenty of redbacks if you go looking for them in old tyres etc (apparently you have to really annoy them to get a bite) and 1 or 2 huntsmans a year. I'm basically a suburban dweller but have spent long stretches of time in the bush, other people living deeper in the bush will have higher interactions with these critters.

No one will arrive in Oz and immediately have these things start running up your leg, though..

Yeah,my son has lived in Perth for over 4 years now and rarely sees big Huntsman spiders.

Sharks are more of a worry.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Put a hook in it, cast it upstream, float it on the surface and see if old Walter rises!;)

rghill

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Eightleggedfreaks.jpg

They destroyed an old shopping mall I used to go to when I was young for this movie. Funny they mention Godzilla in the promo, that was the last movie I saw in the theater where the mall was. Pretty sure there is a giant Walmart there now.

EDIT: Just went back and watched the trailer and it actually looks like a fun movie! Kind of a throwback to the old 50s creature features.